Tomar TRX series.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wanna_b_03

Reaction score
I purchased the ADD stealth fighter bumpers. I saw in the Facebook group that someone used Tomar TRX lights. I had never heard of them but after doing research I think that’s what I want too. I like how they have white and amber chip LEDs instead of using a lens. I read through their wiring manual (https://www.tomar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IS0615-02-TRX-Lightbar-Product-Instructions.pdf)and you need 5 switches to make them fully operational. I plan on running 3 light bars, a main 40 inch and two 10 inch bars on the side. I would need 15 switches if I’m interpreting the instructions correctly. Obviously that’s something I would rather not do. I looked at the Auxbeam controller and think it would be a good option but it’s only got 8 switch capability. Is there another option I’m not aware of?

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the ADD stealth fighter bumpers. I saw in the Facebook group that someone used Tomar TRX lights. I had never heard of them but after doing research I think that’s what I want too. I like how they have white and amber chip LEDs instead of using a lens. I read through their wiring manual (https://www.tomar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IS0615-02-TRX-Lightbar-Product-Instructions.pdf)and you need 5 switches to make them fully operational. I plan on running 3 light bars, a main 40 inch and two 10 inch bars on the side. I would need 15 switches if I’m interpreting the instructions correctly. Obviously that’s something I would rather not do. I looked at the Auxbeam controller and think it would be a good option but it’s only got 8 switch capability. Is there another option I’m not aware of?
The link is not working to the install instructions, but you should be able to run it through its own relay and to one upfitter instead of using multiple switches. Or, you could break it up any way you want with multiple relays. Like a 40 inch light bar, I'd imagine a single relay would require somewhere around 40 amps give or take, but you'd need to verify the draw. You'll need to do the same for the 40 inch light bar as well.

OP
OP
W

wanna_b_03

Reaction score

Attachments

• E46B1CA3-BBE9-4729-85F8-93DF5D63F553.png
    E46B1CA3-BBE9-4729-85F8-93DF5D63F553.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 6

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure why the link isn’t working as it appears to be working on my phone. According to the instructions it says no relays are needed due to the controller within the light. Electronics and wiring are out of my realm of knowledge and comfortability. I’ll try posting the link again in hopes that it works https://www.tomar.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IS0615-02-TRX-Lightbar-Product-Instructions.pdf
Ok, I can see it now. They don't detail it, but it appears the relays are internal to the lights, so you run power from the battery and a ground (to the frame) and then you connect your control function wires to the upfitter switches. In this case you can choose to power whatever functions you want/need. Because they just provide control functions, there is a very low draw, so you could group them by functionality on to one upfitter and control the whole bunch of lights. For example, you could combine the orange (and/or blue) wires to control the lamps for light bars 1, 2 & 3 on AUX 2 (they are all on/off together), use AUX 3 for all of the brown wires giving you the running light capability (all running lights on on all bars), AUX 4 for the SOS function on all light bars and AUX 5 for the dimming functions on all light bars. You could also choose to not power some of the functionality like SOS and dimming, for example, and save the two upfitters to control the other two light bars independently running their orange/blue wires to AUX 4 and 5, separately.

The other issue is wiring and use of the proper connectors. It doesn't sound like they provide harnesses, so you'd have to fabricate them yourself. Not terribly difficult, but if you are not up to the task, you would need to consider taking it to someone to do the install and let them figure it out!

I hope this helps! I'm no electrician or pro light installer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Maybe someone else on here could take a look as well to see what they think.

OP
OP
W

wanna_b_03

Reaction score
Ok, I can see it now. They don't detail it, but it appears the relays are internal to the lights, so you run power from the battery and a ground (to the frame) and then you connect your control function wires to the upfitter switches. In this case you can choose to power whatever functions you want/need. Because they just provide control functions, there is a very low draw, so you could group them by functionality on to one upfitter and control the whole bunch of lights. For example, you could combine the orange (and/or blue) wires to control the lamps for light bars 1, 2 & 3 on AUX 2 (they are all on/off together), use AUX 3 for all of the brown wires giving you the running light capability (all running lights on on all bars), AUX 4 for the SOS function on all light bars and AUX 5 for the dimming functions on all light bars. You could also choose to not power some of the functionality like SOS and dimming, for example, and save the two upfitters to control the other two light bars independently running their orange/blue wires to AUX 4 and 5, separately.

The other issue is wiring and use of the proper connectors. It doesn't sound like they provide harnesses, so you'd have to fabricate them yourself. Not terribly difficult, but if you are not up to the task, you would need to consider taking it to someone to do the install and let them figure it out!

I hope this helps! I'm no electrician or pro light installer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Maybe someone else on here could take a look as well to see what they think.
I appreciate your response. They way you explain it makes way more sense than the directions.

I miss those Holiday Inn commercials.