Tomahawk Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of questions about the Whipple programmer.

The .apl file you receive and drop onto the SD card will change the Tomahawk's firmware and allow it to unzip and recognize the .bin file you also dropped on the SD card.

Here are some shots to answer some questions:

Initial Menu:
3bb69446ed994d1355898e62eeed3a48.jpg

54d5a2442082691110635bcfb356ca96.jpg

93161563528684b9d3eed39328ea49b5.jpg

3d77d2400c5fb8f84f6905bb11336148.jpg

Capture will build a spreadsheet from from the .csv data for an undetermined amount of time, pretty slick.

I talked with Whipple and there is NO provision to go back to stock. In fact the coding embeds into a portion of the ECU that not even your local dealership can write over. For the most part it actually looks completely stock except if the technician digs deep inside and it will state AFTERMARKET EMISSIONS. Furthermore, the tune actually has a Ford part number and it was designed by technicians from Ford. I am not saying they will cover a catastrophic event, but they might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a branded version of the Ford Procal programmer?

OP
OP
O

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE review!

so -HOWS THE TUNE? :)

It's factory smooth, terrific. Sport mode has more punch and she is still sipping fuel in Normal. As far as power the mid range is incredible once at full spool.

Worth every penny.

87LX

Reaction score
I talked with Whipple and there is NO provision to go back to stock. In fact the coding embeds into a portion of the ECU that not even your local dealership can write over. For the most part it actually looks completely stock except if the technician digs deep inside and it will state AFTERMARKET EMISSIONS. Furthermore, the tune actually has a Ford part number and it was designed by technicians from Ford. I am not saying they will cover a catastrophic event, but they might.

I would recommend someone checking this with a Ford IDS. The very first thing that pops up when you ID a vehicle is VIN, mileage, and emissions status. You have to approve this screen before doing any diagnostics or reprogramming.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe since this tune is Ford approved, it definitely voids the warranty as per their requirements... Hmmmm

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So approval means disapproval?

Nah.. maybe they like it because they can tell it's there, and it locks itself in there and you can't easily flash back to stock. They probably would only approve a tune they can easily prove was flashed vs one that can be removed easier and show less of a trace.