Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

To stock or not to stock, tis the question

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by FiveOsvt, Nov 24, 2020.

1. RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN Full Access Member

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Cody Templeton

Cody Templeton Full Access Member

Why would you want to leave it stock? I bought a Raptor because I didn't want a stock F150.

RC51TOFUMAN likes this.
  3. SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper Full Access Member

Not everyone 1. has a Shelby Raptor and 2. some of us get bored after awhile.

BAHAHA

RC51TOFUMAN likes this.
  4. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

I've left my raptor mostly stock, other than the exhaust it's actually closer to stock than it was when I bought it.

I know if I start modifying the truck it's going off the deep end in a hurry. There is a lot I would love to do to it, but I am not good at going half-way with cars.

Besides, a raptor will never be fast. Anyone who thinks they are going to make a 6000lb truck quick on the street is delusional, or has simply never driven something with a good power to weight ratio. They are awesome in the dirt, ride well, handle long drives with ease, that's what I like mine for. I would rather spend the money on one of the other vehicles. They each have their traits, and that keeps the raptor feeling fresh and special every time I get in it.

5. SVTTrooper

SVTTrooper Full Access Member

ummm I beat every Hyundai and and other soccer mom ride off the line... so...

but kidding a side yeah it's definitely not fast when I compare to my old modded STi or any other fast vehicle I've owned. I like doing mods as I have time and money though, keeps things fun.

6. FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt Full Access Member

Great insight and thanks for the replies. I can attest to once I start modding it turns into a slippery slope where I have boxes showing up way to often. I love the way the modded trucks look but I will continue my quest, which will be a hard one, to keep it as close to stock with the few mods I currently have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. TheCzar

TheCzar Member

This.

Plus, life is too short for stock

8. DZMONEY

DZMONEY Member

I went with the black chrome and the corsa extreme on my 2012 silver SCREW. I really like it. no drone really and its sounds tame unless you get on the throttle a lot. Cold start is like this. I kept the resonator if I ever want to swap it back in but I don't see myself doing that at this time. The only difference between the sport and the extreme is the resonator delete pipe inclusion.

9. RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN Full Access Member

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!
    Black Chrome it will be !

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

10. DZMONEY

DZMONEY Member

No Problem, I did save a bit on the corsa by finding it on sale at Stage3 which was the cheapest at the time and timed it with a corsa 125$ rebate. Total savings $225. Its seems like you should be able to get a similar deal if you wait/look around for it.

RC51TOFUMAN likes this.