To Roush or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Item# 251688997626, On eBay Motors at a dealership.

I found mine on eBay Motors in Katy, Texas and shipped it to NY.

Last edited:

806ROUSH

Reaction score
Yeah, I know he's going to be there. I was supposed to pick up my Raptor that day so I could get it signed and pick it up without making two trips before they sold mine out from under me.

I actually sent an e-mail to Roush Performance about the situation and they reached out to the dealership, but by that time I really just felt like any further business with that dealer would just be a hassle for both me and them, so I started looking at other options.

But heres where the story gets worse.....I found a regular Raptor in the DFW area at a Roush dealership and they were going to make me a really good deal and do the Roush conversion in shop....after I submitted my credit and was approved and even sent them my credit card info to put down a deposit, they sold it out from under me too. And apparently that was the last blue flame Raptor with the blue interior package in Texas.

The salemen I've worked with found in their inventory a blue flame Roush (no word on interior accent package) en route to a Utah Roush Dealer, but I haven't had any luck getting any more information about it than just that it might exist, but I'm honestly at the point where I'm just going to keep my 2010. Being screwed out of the exact truck you want twice in 2 days is a really crappy feeling and I'm sick of jumping through hoops at a dealership for the privilege of a massive monthly car payment.

I understand. I won't go into a dealership anymore. I do a deal over the phone. I initially had a Silver one that was in route to GM Ford in Amarillo and was going to get it transferred to the Lubbock store but it got sold before I could get it too. My plans were to buy a stock truck and send to Hennessy Performance in Sealy TX. They do pretty much the same kit on their "Velociraptor" package but get 10 more hp with their custom tuning.

Sent from my Walkie-Talkie using Forum Runner

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand. I won't go into a dealership anymore. I do a deal over the phone. I initially had a Silver one that was in route to GM Ford in Amarillo and was going to get it transferred to the Lubbock store but it got sold before I could get it too. My plans were to buy a stock truck and send to Hennessy Performance in Sealy TX. They do pretty much the same kit on their "Velociraptor" package but get 10 more hp with their custom tuning.

Sent from my Walkie-Talkie using Forum Runner

You may want to do some research on H_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Raptors.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
Yeah, I prefer Roush over Hennesey. And I'm just flabbergasted at the level of unprofessionalism at these dealers. I really just can't fathom that approved credit and a deposit aren't enough to show I'm serious about buying their truck.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question is, did you have either a signed contract, or offer sheet? Something that shows they were going to sell you the truck at a specified price? That could be a strong negotiating factor in your favor.

D

Deleted member 12951

You really think the sales side of a dealership even cares? They can give a rats ass about your deal when the next guy in line is ready with cash and pays more. Dealers are scum, they always have been and always will be.

Granted there are a few good honest dealers but those are hard to come by and exist where unicorns live.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
I was doing everything via phone and e-mail so all I had was a signed credit app, and later a deposit. So....again, feel like thats enough to vouch for my interest, but at this point I'm really just kinda done with both those dealerships. Jumped through enough hoops, and haven't really gotten the feeling they care enough to make things right, so its just easier for me to move on with my life than it is to continue to fight about it.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me too man. I have a good dealer in Florida that never screws me over. Always a good deal and you can count on the guy. If you want his info PM me.

--John