To Roush or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even if you go to Roush's warranty page on their website it's like 40 pages long.
Call Roush and get the real scoop from the horse's mouth.

C.Fisher

Reaction score
If you can get the roush go for it. I doubt these babies are coming back. I live in lubbock to and have been searching for one that fits. Looked around san antonio and theyre asking at least 3k over sticker

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
If you can get the roush go for it. I doubt these babies are coming back. I live in lubbock to and have been searching for one that fits. Looked around san antonio and theyre asking at least 3k over sticker

Are you looking for a Roush or a regular Raptor? I went to Rogers Ford in Midland yesterday and they had at least 7 Roush Raptors and probably 20+ Roush Stage Three Mustangs. Was a ridiculous amount of Roush equipment on that lot.

C.Fisher

Reaction score
Are you looking for a Roush or a regular Raptor? I went to Rogers Ford in Midland yesterday and they had at least 7 Roush Raptors and probably 20+ Roush Stage Three Mustangs. Was a ridiculous amount of Roush equipment on that lot.
Damn i was just in midland last night! If i find a nice roush i sure wouldnt mind grabbing it. Thanks for the heads up

806ROUSH

Reaction score
I bought my Roush from Rogers in Midland in July. Love it! They are the only certified Roush dealer in this part of the country.

Sent from my Walkie-Talkie using Forum Runner

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. Got a decent trade-in offer (finally) so think I'm about to pull the trigger on a Roush. Will post my impressions of it once I finalize the deal and get to spend a little bit with the truck.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
So......New wrinkle in the plan is that the dealer I was working with sold the Raptor I wanted out from under me. We had a deal in place, I submitted my credit app and was approved, and the salesman claims that he put up the keys and marked it "sold" in the computer. But somebody still sold it and I cannot express how frustrated I am because it was the only blue flame metallic one and the only one with the blue interior accent package.

The dealer claims they can't get me another one because the closest Roush that meets those specs is in Utah and they're unwilling to pay the transport. I think they should since it was their mistake. The other issue is that the sales manager was "gone" (despite being there literally two minutes earlier) so couldn't call me to address my issues until tomorrow.

So.....IDK what to do about it. Really frustrated especially considering the level of service I've received thus far hasn't even been that great. So anybody thats dealt with that situation before is welcome to offer me some advice. My initial plan is to throw a fit if the sales manager actually calls me tomorrow and see if that at least makes me feel better. lol But then maybe call Roush and let them know about my issues more specifically. But either way, I'm not really expecting any resolution since my faith in dealers not being sucky is at an all time low.

806ROUSH

Reaction score
So......New wrinkle in the plan is that the dealer I was working with sold the Raptor I wanted out from under me. We had a deal in place, I submitted my credit app and was approved, and the salesman claims that he put up the keys and marked it "sold" in the computer. But somebody still sold it and I cannot express how frustrated I am because it was the only blue flame metallic one and the only one with the blue interior accent package.

The dealer claims they can't get me another one because the closest Roush that meets those specs is in Utah and they're unwilling to pay the transport. I think they should since it was their mistake. The other issue is that the sales manager was "gone" (despite being there literally two minutes earlier) so couldn't call me to address my issues until tomorrow.

So.....IDK what to do about it. Really frustrated especially considering the level of service I've received thus far hasn't even been that great. So anybody thats dealt with that situation before is welcome to offer me some advice. My initial plan is to throw a fit if the sales manager actually calls me tomorrow and see if that at least makes me feel better. lol But then maybe call Roush and let them know about my issues more specifically. But either way, I'm not really expecting any resolution since my faith in dealers not being sucky is at an all time low.

Jack Roush himself will be at Rogers Ford tomorrow signing dashes of Roush vehicles sold from there. You can ask him personally!!!

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
Jack Roush himself will be at Rogers Ford tomorrow signing dashes of Roush vehicles sold from there. You can ask him personally!!!

Yeah, I know he's going to be there. I was supposed to pick up my Raptor that day so I could get it signed and pick it up without making two trips before they sold mine out from under me.

I actually sent an e-mail to Roush Performance about the situation and they reached out to the dealership, but by that time I really just felt like any further business with that dealer would just be a hassle for both me and them, so I started looking at other options.

But heres where the story gets worse.....I found a regular Raptor in the DFW area at a Roush dealership and they were going to make me a really good deal and do the Roush conversion in shop....after I submitted my credit and was approved and even sent them my credit card info to put down a deposit, they sold it out from under me too. And apparently that was the last blue flame Raptor with the blue interior package in Texas.

The salemen I've worked with found in their inventory a blue flame Roush (no word on interior accent package) en route to a Utah Roush Dealer, but I haven't had any luck getting any more information about it than just that it might exist, but I'm honestly at the point where I'm just going to keep my 2010. Being screwed out of the exact truck you want twice in 2 days is a really crappy feeling and I'm sick of jumping through hoops at a dealership for the privilege of a massive monthly car payment.