To Roush or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campbellsoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question along the same lines for those of you that already have a Roush Raptor: is your mileage actually better than the stock 6.2L? I was told that by a dealer, but assumed he was just looking for a sale and would have told me it was 50% hybrid if I'd buy it...haha.

Just checking to see if I was critical for no reason. Knowledge is power...

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a rousch. But I have a whipple with LT headers and a svc tune. On highway I can get 13.5-14mpg at 65-70 mph. City I get 9-10.5. Oh yeah I also have 37" tires and 5.13 gears.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The theory is you get better mileage, and you "should". However, it is REALLY hard to not get on the gas hard all the time when the truck gets up and goes like a darn sports car. I just got ~12mpg (true measurement, not the incorrect and made up number the computer shows you), which is about the same as my NA Raptor, so I assume if i drive it the same way I drove my old one, my mileage will improve 1-2mpg.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
I would go with stock and avoid roush, unless its covered in the dealer warranty, here our dealer sells the Roush raptor with out warranty on the Roush components. tough life.....

Ok. So a couple people have mentioned warranties differing from my understanding of what the Roush warranty was. After I spoke with the Roush dealer closest to me, I thought the supercharger and whatnot was covered by a 3 year/36k warranty while everything else is covered under the standard Ford Warranty. Is that not the case, or not the case everywhere? I could be wrong in my understanding because the dealership I spoke with didn't seem to have anybody who even knew the Roush products except the sales manager that I finally was directed to after speaking with several salesmen who couldn't answer any of my questions. Lol

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are buying from a Roush authorized dealer and that dealer did the after title additions (exhaust), you are covered by the standard Ford warranty on everything but the power train, Roush warrants that. The dealership I purchased mine from also has a limited lifetime powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
If you are buying from a Roush authorized dealer and that dealer did the after title additions (exhaust), you are covered by the standard Ford warranty on everything but the power train, Roush warrants that. The dealership I purchased mine from also has a limited lifetime powertrain warranty.

Is it an additional cost for the lifetime warranty? And anybody aware of a Texas/New Mexico dealership that offers them?

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was no additional cost for the warranty, I have no idea if there are Texas/New Mexico dealers offering the same, I would call and ask them.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
There was no additional cost for the warranty, I have no idea if there are Texas/New Mexico dealers offering the same, I would call and ask them.

I will definitely look into that. Thanks for all the answers. Already you guys have been infinitely more help than the Roush Dealer I've been talking to. lol

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There isn't any life time warranty. It's limited to the life time of the warranty, it's a play on words with any warranty.
A limited standard Roush warranty comes included and there are many options as to levels of mods and warranty.
And it does cost more money!
Your best bet is to call Roush directly!!!
Sales people only want the comission and will tell you almost anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
There isn't any life time warranty. It's limited to the life time of the warranty, it's a play on words with any warranty.
A limited standard Roush warranty comes included and there are many options as to levels of mods and warranty.
And it does cost more money!
Your best bet is to call Roush directly!!!
Sales people only want the comission and will tell you almost anything.

Well my biggest problem with the sales people I dealt with was that they were completely unable to tell me anything. lol Like they acted baffled by all my questions until I was able to get ahold of a manager.