To Roush or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomasonbush

Reaction score
So I've got the bug and have decided to move on from my 2010 Raptor to a brand new 2014 with more options and all the fancy-pants stuff mine doesn't have. But....thinking that maybe I waited too long since Raptor selection seems pretty slim at dealerships around Lubbock and I'm having issues finding one optioned like I want. I found a Roush Raptor that has everything I want, but I'm having trouble justifying the added expense.

So.....I need some advice from the experts of the forum as to whether I should consider the Roush, or just pick up a regular Raptor and enjoy the lower monthly payment.

what is the forum's consensus on the Roush Raptor? Worth the cost? Think it will hold its value that well? And anybody experienced any significant mechanical issues with a Roushcharged Raptor?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

The only issue I've seen is the belt slipping off or shredding. I would carry a spare and tools.

giof89

Reaction score
The only issue I've seen is the belt slipping off or shredding. I would carry a spare and tools.

My belt slipped off after 4th week of owning. But Ford dealer blamed it on roush dealer saying they must of not torqued or tightened it enough before sending the truck out. Since then i haven't had any issues but only have 7k miles.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
I'll be cognizant of that belt issue moving forward. Stuff like that is kinda why I'm hesitant to buy a supercharged one....I've never really felt I needed more power in a Raptor and the logical part of me just sees it as an extra $15K for the privilege of a higher possibility of repair bills. But....IDK. It would be really cool. lol

Giof89....how have you liked your Roush so far? What are your impressions of it as compared to the a nonsupercharged Raptor?

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have about 700 miles on mine, but for me it was worth the turn key option. The Ford dealer I bought it from has a limited lifetime power train warranty and they are the Roush dealer as well. I loved my 2012 but man the Roush is hella fast and a joy to drive compared to my 2012.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 29k on mine, and have not had a moments problem with it. I like it a lot.

OP
OP
T

thomasonbush

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback so far. Sounds like the Roush is worth it is the general consensus. Now if I can just hurry and sell my current Raptor, so I can have a downpayment for the Roush....

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The market here in Albuquerque is pretty flooded with raptors they seemed to all have 5-10 new ones on each lot and are actully starting to waiver off sticker price quite a bit . There are 2 Roush's that I know of and about 12 brand new in all colors here.

Gorelaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with stock and avoid roush, unless its covered in the dealer warranty, here our dealer sells the Roush raptor with out warranty on the Roush components. tough life.....