To Recaro or not to Recaro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor916

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote not. My last car (Audi SQ5) had Alcantara inserts in the seats. It is one of the reasons why i got rid of that car. After 2 years, the inserts just were not aging well. Any moisture from sweat or worse, a wet swim suit just made them look like crap for days after.
That’s my biggest concern. I also have 2 small kids that make a mess.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are ways to keep alcantara looking new but it is definitely more work. The Recaros were the one thing I almost held out for a '19 (and would have paid more), but the stock seats are so comfortable I'm glad I didn't. However I have not physically sat in the Recaros so I can't speak to the relative comfort.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are ways to keep alcantara looking new but it is definitely more work. The Recaros were the one thing I almost held out for a '19 (and would have paid more), but the stock seats are so comfortable I'm glad I didn't. However I have not physically sat in the Recaros so I can't speak to the relative comfort.

they are about the same in comfort. The bolster is a bit wider so I didn't have as much support. Definitely a bit more grippy, tho.

OP
OP
Raptor916

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but Is the rear seats alcantara as well? Or is it a blue leather?

BigCarrot

Reaction score
I have a Performance Blue with Recaros, and I really like the combo. The grippy alcantara is more comfortable than the seats in my 17 were. So my vote is to Recaro!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot more money for mostly a color change. Should be $750 like the orange accent interior. Will it be worth it when you trade?