GEN 1 to mod or not to mod

to mod or not to mod

• Send it (mod)

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Save it (dont)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckasaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not worried about my truck's future value to someone else. Only its current value to me. So I built it how I wanted to.

That said, I don't think your question is dorky at all. My opinion is that as long as the mods you choose are all true "bolt-ons" that require no cutting and no drilling and you save all your original parts, then you won't have harmed any potential future value at all. Thus, there is no need to buy a second truck to mod.

One other thing to consider. Cars and trucks are very rarely good investments. It really is very rare for a car or a truck to outperform the stock market over a long period of time. Only the very rarest will do that. And they built a LOT of Gen 1 Raptors so I'm not sure it's going to be one of them. Plus in 20 years or so it's probably going to be harder to find a gas station than a hyper charging station.

Mod away.