To lift or not to lift, that is the question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had every intention of installing a 4" lift kit on my incoming '19. However, given that the lift kit makers haven't figured out how to design a kit for the '19s, and from the brutal peer pressure I've received from all of you, I will take your collective advice, and just simply add some lights, some horsepower, and other things that make it look, and go, fast, though and over anything.

Thank you all for keeping me from making a terribly tragic decision.

Regards,

Scott (NH-Raptor)

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ haha peer pressure!

Hey really tho if you find yourself wanting to raise it down the road go ahead and do it. Like I said before it's your $ and your truck who cares what others think.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't Listen to peer pressure. Lift it if you want, just be prepared to spend $$$. In order to lift a Raptor correctly and still have the offroad handling and capabilities it takes a lot. It is not just a standard lift and blocks.

If you don't plan on making major changes and investing a lot into it go with what @zombiekiller says.

PM me if you need tips on how to correctly do it we spent a lot of time and $$$ getting it right.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Don't Listen to peer pressure. Lift it if you want, just be prepared to spend $$$. In order to lift a Raptor correctly and still have the offroad handling and capabilities it takes a lot. It is not just a standard lift and blocks.

If you don't plan on making major changes and investing a lot into it go with what @zombiekiller says.

PM me if you need tips on how to correctly do it we spent a lot of time and $$$ getting it right.

the 19s are far more difficult until rpg gets their resistors sorted out. If you pull the active valve dampers, the 19s freak out. the shock control programming seems to be folded into the bcm, which is a complete bummer for those of us that were thinking of designing an aftermarket shock controller that is tunable.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand your enthusiasm, I truly do, but you don't have the truck in your possession yet and already you perceive that it has a major shortcoming that you are apparently willing to spend thousands to solve. It makes me think that you have buyer's remorse prior to owning the vehicle, and it makes me wonder whether you did all the research necessary to select the vehicle the that meets your needs.

My suggestion is that you cool your jets a bit, get the truck in your possession, drive it as-is through at least the first oil change, and during that time assess with first-hand experience what mods are truly necessary.

OP
OP
NH-Raptor

NH-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruger,

To the contrary my friend.

I own an ‘18 today, and I like it so much, I’m getting another one. Why, you ask. Well...why the hell not?

The lift kit and other mods have nothing to do with need, as the truck really needs nothing. Anything I’m considering is just for fun. Bigger, taller, faster, cooler; it’s just about having fun in a very bad-ass truck.

As the manager in the custom shop said today, “why mess with the perfect truck”. I agreed, and then I said, “let’s have some fun”.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get the same thing from people about my truck, they ask why I did everything I did to a new truck. Answer is, "Because I can!"

Will be watching for mods you do on your new one. Good Luck with building it how you want.