To buy or not to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the truck when it comes in since you got a good deal on it. Worst case you sell it and get a 2014.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, if you don't care when you get it, why not wait and see if you want one at all? Seriously.

Wait a while and see if you want to order the 2014. And then consider if you should wait until 2015 because that MY might have more cool stuff or a re-design. But at that point you might want to wait for the 2016. That's what I'd do - wait until the most coolest stuff comes out. :rotflmao:

dc9

Reaction score
So, if you don't care when you get it, why not wait and see if you want one at all? Seriously.

Wait a while and see if you want to order the 2014. And then consider if you should wait until 2015 because that MY might have more cool stuff or a re-design. But at that point you might want to wait for the 2016. That's what I'd do - wait until the most coolest stuff comes out. :rotflmao:

Ha-ha .........great point. I too, Raptor_Man am in your shoes. I ordered 3/9 and finally got a build on 7/29. I'm hoping for a late August delivery and I also thought about cancelling and ordering a 2014. But the longer I spend on this forum salivating over all the awesome Raptor photos, I could care less about resale value.......I'll be driving my 2013 next month!! So my $.02 would be stick with the '13 and enjoy it as soon as u get it. In 4-5 years if u decide to sell it, the difference in the resale value between the '13 and '14 will be minimal. Buy / Enjoy

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive it then decide

So I have had my truck on order for 4 1/2 months now and it is finally being built. But I'm starting to have second thoughts about it. Why buy a new 13 when I can order a new 14. After all I'm in no hurry. My main problem is that the dealership lied to me and told me it was built 2 months ago - waiting on delivery. After checking it out with blood, I called them out on it with no response. Now they finally call me and tell me it has a vin.

So what do you think I should do? Buy the one that I have on order now when it comes in 4-6 weeks from now. Or start over and order the 14...

Anyone have any idea how much of a price increase the 14 will be?

When it comes in drive it. If the body panels are aligned, no rattles, or other problems take it . If it has a problem order a 2014 from wherever...rh

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i meant was

all the raptors i drove were well built . what i meant was a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..rh

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll probably have a long wait for the 2014. But I'd defiantly not order from the same dealer. I say take the 2013.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

The 2014 could see a big price jump too.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Nothing is changing and resale value for Raptors isn't going to be significantly different from year to year. Look at Lightnings, it's all about the miles in the truck and the condition it's in. I'd get the '13 but that's just because I hate waiting!! I bought a used one the second go round just so I didn't have to wait. Losers wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2