To 802A or not to 802A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback and input, guess we will find out come ordering day. I was just going to do the 800A but I've drifted away from that idea. This is going to be the daily driver. Hopefully Ford doesn't put out a new package before then.

When you are spending this kind of money, don't scrimp and get what you really want or you will regret it. That said, I went with the 800A and have 100% no regrets. All of the bells and whistles in the 802A package meant nothing to me. If you are even debating on the issue, I would say get the 802A. It sounds like you will like some of the amenities, and it will help with resale.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I can order my 2018 from I just talked to over the phone and said that they do not have their allocations yet but they get 2 and I got the first one. Is this true that dealers don't have their 2018 allocations yet? It's just hard to believe what they tell you. I'm also getting it for msrp the manager just told me. I do believe him on this part right after I have it in writing :)

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i can offer any advice is please get the 802a best decision i made.

OP
OP
VrooommMatt

VrooommMatt

Reaction score
Fingers crossed

Talked with a dealer and they have an unscheduled order. So, it can be changed. Gave my info so it can be put in as a retail order I think. Need to wait and hear back from them tomorrow, do a deposit and get a order something or receipt and that should lock things in.

- SuperCrew
- Lightning Blue
- 802A
- Bedliner - Spray-in
- Tailgate Step with Tailgate Lift Assist
- 17-inch Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Capable Wheels

Once everything looks good I'll post all the details, dealer, sales PoCs, etc... they have (1) 17 Black on lot and (2) 18's Magnetic & Ingot Silver, both 802A's scheduled for build.

Fingers crossed

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I can order my 2018 from I just talked to over the phone and said that they do not have their allocations yet but they get 2 and I got the first one. Is this true that dealers don't have their 2018 allocations yet? It's just hard to believe what they tell you. I'm also getting it for msrp the manager just told me. I do believe him on this part right after I have it in writing :)

He means they didn't get any allocations or sold them and is hoping for more... either way he's lying

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He means they didn't get any allocations or sold them and is hoping for more... either way he's lying

I agree. I got lucky when I ordered my 2017 because I not only found a dealership who had an allocation that would sell at MSRP, but their allocations got picked up extremely fast. I ordered my truck on November 1st and had it in my driveway the day after Christmas. I can't speak for how the system works, but once you find dealerships with allocations that will sell at MSRP or lower, you might want to see if you can get some statistics on how quickly their trucks get delivered after an order is placed. Based on what I read online, there were numerous people that ordered long before me and did not choose any of the options that were out of stock and they received their trucks much later. Apparently not all dealerships with allocations are treated the same.