To 802A or not to 802A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VrooommMatt

Reaction score
Dammit, think I found a dealer that will do MSRP on a 2018 order. They need to double check that I can custom order on one of the 3 orders they have. I'm guessing this is the open allocation thingy? In trying to be sure I was going to be happy with the 800A guess I'm going to go the 802A way to get some of the nice to haves. I've gotten too lazy to try and upgrade or the real problem figure out how to upgrade stuff. Oh well... gotta have the cooled seats to chill the naughty bits.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going back and forth between 801 and 802 but once priced out the 802 compared to my 801 plus extras was only a 3K difference so I said **** it get the 802a

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
For any of you knuckle draggers on the fence about getting the 802A, think of it like Cowboy Coward told Ned Beatty in Deliverance:

Don’t say anything, just DO it.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with 801
1. I hate keyless vehicles.
2. I optioned what I wanted on top including beadlocks and saved a lot of beer money.
3. I don't need memory seats, there is only one person that will drive this bitch, me.
4. I'm upgrading to a real sound system anyway after I get it.
5. I don't need dual zone climate control, there is my zone or get the **** out and walk.

Signed,
Happy Knuckle Dragger :biggrin:

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
802a. The extra tech bits make this thing an even better daily than my '15 E63 was.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Top Gear said this about the Porsche Boxster--

The Boxster is just fine and you'll be satisfied with it, until you pull up to a stop light and a 911 pulls up next to you.

Buy the chump edition raptor and you'll be fine, when you see someone else's that has everything, you'll wonder why you even bothered.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think Top Gear said this about the Porsche Boxster--

The Boxster is just fine and you'll be satisfied with it, until you pull up to a stop light and a 911 pulls up next to you.

Buy the chump edition raptor and you'll be fine, when you see someone else's that has everything, you'll wonder why you even bothered.

I would not call any Rap a chump edition. They’re all pretty equally off-road capable, mostly we’re talking amenities with 802A.

I’d have gone 801a w/ Torsen and everything else flexible if such a truck could have been ordered somewhere close to me for MSRP. I had a hard enough time finding any truck at MSRP so I paid for a bunch of stuff I would not normally have even looked at, but, I am hard pressed to think of any of Lucille’s bells and whistles that I think ‘nah, I shouldn’t have gotten that’. bed graphics. I wasn’t looking for them, but I’m not afraid of a gal with a little ink. Sync3 can be a little finicky, but works great almost all the time. adaptive cruise, lane keeping, I’m fine with spending the extra $.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
802a.

COOLED SEATS and Keyless entry... (totally worth 9,000 dollars to me!)
coolest seats are better than my gen 1 so I'm really happy.

I give zero ***** if somone has a 800a or a 801a, I'm just glad to see another sexy raptor on the road (or off road).

I grew up on potato farm, but now, i live in a city and my raptor is on the road 95% of the time, so I wanted the 802a. If I was still working on the farm, I would have gotten the 800a, because the 801a/802a interior would get the tore the **** up and the cooled seats would have been plugged with dirt. Get what you think you'll be happy with!

OP
OP
VrooommMatt

VrooommMatt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback and input

Thanks for all the feedback and input, guess we will find out come ordering day. I was just going to do the 800A but I've drifted away from that idea. This is going to be the daily driver. Hopefully Ford doesn't put out a new package before then.