TMX Test Drive – Shock Comparison between Fox and Icon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The icons are up around 650-700 I believe.
Corey adjusted his front bypasses as well.

when you mention the front adjustments do you mean just the secondary shock not the coil over on the front. I thought that the coil over would have to be removed and opened up. thanks in advance

That's correct. External bypass adjustment only, as it does the majority of the work.
Coilovers are set low at the shop to allow a wide range of adjustment via the external bypass shock.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct. External bypass adjustment only, as it does the majority of the work.
Coilovers are set low at the shop to allow a wide range of adjustment via the external bypass shock.

are the adjustment compression and rebound dials on the icons and fox doing the same thing, or are they different due to inherently different designs?

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are the adjustment compression and rebound dials on the icons and fox doing the same thing, or are they different due to inherently different designs?

Rebound and compression use the same principle between vendors, however the varying rates of compression and the degrees to which you can adjust differ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fronts:

20 compression / 20 rebound

i'm at 7 threads on preload, but going to 3 on drivers / 4 on passenger when I get it aligned next week.

rears:

2 1/4 turns on blue long and short
3 on red

Here you go. Settings I currently have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you turn the dial fully counter clockwise or to zero, you then go nine clicks on the compression tubes and twelve clicks on the rebound.