TMX Skid Plate Plate SALE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tmx: any advice on color matching a black skidplate silver?

Sent with Tapatalk and my iPad --George (Pinenut with a Y)

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tmx: any advice on color matching a black skidplate silver?

Come again?

Ill take a stab at assuming a black skid plate with a silver truck or silver on the bumper. What we have done for the customers who have chosen black is skuff with sand paper or steel whool and paint the center section on the bumper black to match the skid. It really gives it a subtle change that looks sharpe. You know the type where people dont instantly notice but still notice somethis different that they like.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me elaborate. I bought a black skid for a white truck but now want to paint it silver. Is there a specific paint color i should use or method to get it to match the lower bumper piece? Rattle can? I suppose any silver would work but should i sand it down first or does that matter? Thx tmx.

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let me elaborate. I bought a black skid for a white truck but now want to paint it silver. Is there a specific paint color i should use or method to get it to match the lower bumper piece? Rattle can? I suppose any silver would work but should i sand it down first or does that matter? Thx tmx.

The Sales side of me says....... Go jump your truck,bash your skid plate and order a silver one!:head3:

You receive the skid plates from us powder coated. You can get after the repaint in multiple ways. You need to scuff the surface and give the new paint something to stick to. The best way to do this is get very fine sand paper, 320 grit or something around that. Lightly sand the "finish" off the powdercoat you should notice that the "finish" should dull. Make sure you do this on all surfaces and then spray away.

If the 320 doesnt seem to scuff the black. (I have only tried it on the silver) just drop down to 220.

That might seem like to much information, but hope it helps... Post some pictures when its complete. Ask away if i missed something or you have more questions.

-Jason

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gun Metal SKID Project. So after 3 attempts I finally painted the bumper to my OCD standards of matching the skid plate. Looks great for a simple/subtle change. Many people have noticed a "difference" but cant put their finger on it until it is side by side with another Raptor.

PS... only look at the skid plate... NOTHING ELSE!:sleepy:

Attachments

• Edited-0627_SM.jpg
    Edited-0627_SM.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 139