Tires for day to day driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a set of wheels for my truck and debating if I should transfer stock tires over to the new wheels or get a second set of tires.

The stock tires seem to be OK for day to day driving but generate some road noise. Are there any other tire Brands that will be more street compliant with less road noise?

Also considering to go to a bigger tires (just like the look of it) but from what I understand it may require some other mods to make bigger tires fit?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the weights of the tire b/c “good for day to day driving” going up 10-15+ lbs a corner (more potentially if going to 37”s) is going to result in 1.5-3mpg drop - which decidedly BAD for day to day driving lol

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yokohama Geolandar G015.

Uber quiet, grip like crazy in the snow, and kick ass on the beach in sand.

Aaaand they're lighter than the OE tires.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who cares? It's a Raptor. Honestly, who gets a Raptor then is concerned about mileage? Get a tire that will serve you well off road, be reasonably quiet on the road, and above all else (sarcasm added) look cool...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who cares? It's a Raptor. Honestly, who gets a Raptor then is concerned about mileage? Get a tire that will serve you well off road, be reasonably quiet on the road, and above all else (sarcasm added) look cool...

I’m guessing the OP cares since he specifically asked about DD tires & concerned about street behavior....Fords engineers do to otherwise they wouldn’t have spent the time/energy/money developing a gen 2 Raptor that’s more powerful/capable/lighter AND considerably more fuel efficient.

The irony is that many “wannabe” 1/3 fob raptors e/ w-4” lifts are happy to run 33-34”s & go to trimming to stuff 35”s - then their mpg drops by 2-4mpg

The raptors are a damn sweet balance setup from the factory- if you’ve never owned a lifted/modded 1/2 ton before you maybe wouldn’t realize just how well engineered a piece the Raptor is.

Not saying don’t try out different tires, but Why screw that balance up from the factory by not taking into consideration one of the most important factors that lets the raptor balance street & off-road ability so well- the light weight of the raptor-specific BFG KO2s

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yokohama Geolandar G015.

Uber quiet, grip like crazy in the snow, and kick ass on the beach in sand.

Aaaand they're lighter than the OE tires.

I second Geolandar. I helped a buddy install the new nerf bar and magnaflow exhaust on his Ranger and took it for spin. Surprised how good it is on the sand and trail plus quite on the road.