Tire Weights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set-up combo questions

O.K. I'm starting to obsess over new wheels and tires, eventhough I have less then 30,000 miles on my 2010 5.4L Oxford White Raptor. The majority of the off road driving I do is beach driving in the summer and snow driving in the winter. After reading this thread, I'm thinking I'd be better off opting for a lighter weight tire and wheel combo to equalize or slightly decrease rotational mass. I like the look, price, and reviews on the General Grabber AT2 (with the white lettering) LT315/70R17 (67lb) and the Fuel Anza Matte Gun Metal Wheels 17x8.5" (25lb). Currently, If I'm correct, the stock set-up is 95.5lb per wheel/tire. This new set up would be 93lb per wheel/tire.

General Grabber AT2-http://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=17R7GRAT2OWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2010&autoModel=F150%20SVT%20Raptor&autoModClar=5.4L
Fuel Anza Matte Gun Metal Wheels:Anza - D558 - Fuel Off-Road Wheels

I guess I have a few questions for those of you in the know:
1. Will this set-up work? Will there be any offset issues, or other things I don't know about?
2. Is anyone else running a similar set-up? Do you like it?
3. On the one hand, I think this is a good move, staying with the stock size tire/wheel, just in case I need to use my OEM spare for a bit. However, I'm wondering if I could go a bit larger on size without having to spend the extra money on mid-perch, or having my tires stick out obnoxiously from the wheel wells. Would a 35" tire work with the same Fuel wheel? Would I need to go to an 18" rim?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys! Atticus

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K. I'm starting to obsess over new wheels and tires, eventhough I have less then 30,000 miles on my 2010 5.4L Oxford White Raptor. The majority of the off road driving I do is beach driving in the summer and snow driving in the winter. After reading this thread, I'm thinking I'd be better off opting for a lighter weight tire and wheel combo to equalize or slightly decrease rotational mass. I like the look, price, and reviews on the General Grabber AT2 (with the white lettering) LT315/70R17 (67lb) and the Fuel Anza Matte Gun Metal Wheels 17x8.5" (25lb). Currently, If I'm correct, the stock set-up is 95.5lb per wheel/tire. This new set up would be 93lb per wheel/tire. <br />
<br />
General Grabber AT2-http://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=17R7GRAT2OWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2010&autoModel=F150%20SVT%20Raptor&autoModClar=5.4L<br />
Fuel Anza Matte Gun Metal Wheels:Anza - D558 - Fuel Off-Road Wheels<br />
<br />
I guess I have a few questions for those of you in the know:<br />
1. Will this set-up work? Will there be any offset issues, or other things I don't know about?<br />
2. Is anyone else running a similar set-up? Do you like it? <br />
3. On the one hand, I think this is a good move, staying with the stock size tire/wheel, just in case I need to use my OEM spare for a bit. However, I'm wondering if I could go a bit larger on size without having to spend the extra money on mid-perch, or having my tires stick out obnoxiously from the wheel wells. Would a 35" tire work with the same Fuel wheel? Would I need to go to an 18" rim? <br />
<br />
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys! Atticus<br/>

The offset will determine a lot. I believe stock is +35 mm. I have +18 mm and they are still under the flares but not by much. I believe guys running 0 offset are sticking out past the flares if that helps. Best bet I'd to read through the hundreds of pages in the wheel and tire thread and see what other people have done.

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O.K. I'm starting to obsess over new wheels and tires, eventhough I have less then 30,000 miles on my 2010 5.4L Oxford White Raptor. The majority of the off road driving I do is beach driving in the summer and snow driving in the winter. After reading this thread, I'm thinking I'd be better off opting for a lighter weight tire and wheel combo to equalize or slightly decrease rotational mass. I like the look, price, and reviews on the General Grabber AT2 (with the white lettering) LT315/70R17 (67lb) and the Fuel Anza Matte Gun Metal Wheels 17x8.5" (25lb). Currently, If I'm correct, the stock set-up is 95.5lb per wheel/tire. This new set up would be 93lb per wheel/tire.

General Grabber AT2-http://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+AT+2&partnum=17R7GRAT2OWL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2010&autoModel=F150%20SVT%20Raptor&autoModClar=5.4L
Fuel Anza Matte Gun Metal Wheels:Anza - D558 - Fuel Off-Road Wheels

I guess I have a few questions for those of you in the know:
1. Will this set-up work? Will there be any offset issues, or other things I don't know about?
2. Is anyone else running a similar set-up? Do you like it?
3. On the one hand, I think this is a good move, staying with the stock size tire/wheel, just in case I need to use my OEM spare for a bit. However, I'm wondering if I could go a bit larger on size without having to spend the extra money on mid-perch, or having my tires stick out obnoxiously from the wheel wells. Would a 35" tire work with the same Fuel wheel? Would I need to go to an 18" rim?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys! Atticus

It'll work no problem but if you're gonna run the AT2 use the 35x12.50x17 size as it only weighs 62lbs

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any chance the original post gets updated with content from follow on posts and the new tire options available? I'm considering retiring my geolandars to offroad only status and getting a new light less aggressive a/t tire for everyday driving and better mpg.

Bad_Rooster

Reaction score
I know Trophy trucks run the Baja's, BFG's and Generals, but hunting in Nevada especially Chukar hunting requires a lot of horrific rockin.

Traveling the roads the trophy trucks run on are the fun / fast stuff, they just get us to the area we want to hunt in, BFG's are horrible for me, I've run a bunch of brands and the best for me and some of my friends that don't blow out in the rocks and don't get chewed to hell, and get more than 25k to 30k like BFG's are:

#1 Hankook RTO-3's 50k to 60k Awesome m/t tire, heavy & a little noisy when worn

#2 Hankook ATM's 50K to 70k Awesome wear, tough and good traction, quiet for semi-aggressive tread

#3 Toyo M/T's Only 30k but hold up very well, pretty choppy & noisy when worn after 25k

#4 Cooper SST 35K all around good tire, slightly noisy also when worn

Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited:

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about toyo rt? anyone have any good or bad words on it yet? im assuming its heavy af just like all toyos

FP Forged

Justin Lundy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about toyo rt? anyone have any good or bad words on it yet? im assuming its heavy af just like all toyos
It's on their website. They're all less than the M/T versions. My 35x12.50R17's are 73 lbs. 2 lbs less than the website says.