GEN 2 Tire wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy. I had two sets and never made it to 25k miles on either. The second time I did a warranty claim and BFG credited my $640 back. Driving style has to play in, but driving the truck any way other and like a grandma seems to stop them from getting up there in miles.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got 53k out of stock KO2’s? That’s not driving like you stole it, it’s driving like a DC beltway left lane turtle with the cruise control set at 35mph!

it’s the pedal on the right @Donovan :p
Heck, I have 63k on mine with another 2k to go before the new go on. You can use the go-pedal all you want as long as you’re in 4A to keep wheelspin under control. I will say that the big majority of the miles were on the road between work on OKC and home in VA @ 80mph.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I noticed a perceivable drop in grip from 35-40k miles on the KO2’s. spinning / squealing where they weren’t doing it previously. If you’re concerned enough about it to snap pictures, and discuss in the tire wear thread, yeah... it’s time for new shoes.

@TwizzleStix Where you at?

Have we ran on the beltway before? And by ran I mean, casually saying hello at safe speeds O_O
by ‘safe’ are we talking north of 2 digits in mph ?

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a topic of opinion based off experience. Myself, I have lots of track time (wet and dry) and have experienced every type of pucker moment I can think of. I feel very comfortable driving with no traction control in snow or wet, why because I am used to dealing with those sensations but at double the speeds.

The biggest thing people need to focus on is stopping. That is why winter tires are so much better than all seasons. Like others have said, you need to change the tires when you do not feel it is safe driving the truck.

If in doubt, change them.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amazing folks get such widely disparate mileage on some of these tires...

depends on the C D or E load ratings you run, the longer the tires last. The trade off is softer rubber, ride or stiffer firmer ride less noise. just the way it is.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed a perceivable drop in grip from 35-40k miles on the KO2’s. spinning / squealing where they weren’t doing it previously. If you’re concerned enough about it to snap pictures, and discuss in the tire wear thread, yeah... it’s time for new shoes.

by ‘safe’ are we talking north of 2 digits in mph ?

Sir, I abide by 'le law.