Tire vibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire vibration and suspension reverb

Does anyone else have a bumpy feeling on tires? A constant vibration and small bounce in tires. All speeds. Don't think it's a flat spot. May just be knobby tires or I don't know. If normal then normal but I'm thinking should be a tad smoother. It's not horrible but noticeable.

Also noticing when going over a certain small bumps the bounce echoes (reverberates) through steering wheel and continues a second or too. Similar to gen 1 but weird.

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a bumpy feeling on tires? A constant vibration and small bounce in tires. All speeds. Don't think it's a flat spot. May just be knobby tires or I don't know. If normal then normal but I'm thinking should be a tad smoother. It's not horrible but noticeable.

Also noticing when going over a certain small bumps the bounce echoes (reverberates) through steering wheel and continues a second or too. Similar to gen 1 but weird.

Kick the outside wall of your tire and tell me if you hear a thunk noise. Do you have vibrations when you're braking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had to have both rear tires replaced on my 2017 Raptor when I received it. They were both so bad that the tire shop who was trying to road force balance them said there was no way they could be brought within spec. I found it interesting that both bad tires were on the rear where it is much harder to notice tire issues, especially on a truck. I would suggest having a tire shop try to road force balance all tires and then you will know for sure if that is the problem.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to have both rear tires replaced on my 2017 Raptor when I received it. They were both so bad that the tire shop who was trying to road force balance them said there was no way they could be brought within spec. I found it interesting that both bad tires were on the rear where it is much harder to notice tire issues, especially on a truck. I would suggest having a tire shop try to road force balance all tires and then you will know for sure if that is the problem.

How low did they get your values

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How low did they get your values

I am not sure what you are asking. I had the tires tested about two weeks after I picked up the truck, it took the tire shop about 30 to 45 minutes to test all tires, and the dealership replaced the tires the same day that I showed evidence of the issue.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So label says 38psi all around. I had 49/50. Dropped em and will see if that helps. Wife said she thought she was on ice skates. Lol

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a little improvement with the "bump". Almost seems like drivetrain related as feel it more in pedal as it happens and is also at low low speeds as well. Ride is more comfy with proper psi