GEN 1 Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darth

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2012 Raptor and wanted to up grade tire size, to the 37's and when I try to turn they hit the inner fender wall. is there a trick to make this work? leveling kit of lift? I look forward to reading your advice, Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions. Darth

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had stock wheels and suspension on my 12 on mid perch with 37s. no issue. did have a little rub on the inner fender liner. nothing a pair of snips cant fix.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to level to fit 37s with no rubbing, and that is with stock wheels. With aftermarket wheels, you may still rub.

KirkT

Reaction score
I believe 4 inch lift up (Farbtech, BDS, ICOn whatever you choose) and stay with same offset ( +34 or smaller like +20) and same wheel width, you will likely have no issues of rubbing at all. some people do 2 inchs, it will need some major trimming, or even with 4 inches if your 37 wheel stick out too much ( say very low offset...) it will still rub.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You only need to lift the front by 2.25 to 2.5 inches using the top setting perch lift or Geiser Progressive Springs. Many people on this forum run 37s WITHOUT the 4" lifts or major trimming mentioned above. :rolleyes:

To keep the stance from being too high in the front, you should also do Deaver +3s in the back for an additional inch of lift over the factory leaf springs. As others have said, do not go with an offset of less than +0 on an 8.5" wheel or you will have rubbing on the outer fenders.

I am running Fuel 17x8.5" wheels with a +6 offset and 37" Toyo RTs using Giesers 2.50s up front and Deaver +3s in the back on my Gen 2. I had to trim a 3" x 4" square of the inner fender well plastic to avoid rubbing with everyday spirited driving. Check out page 7 of my build thread for the minor trimming details.

If you plan to jump your truck, you will need to add +2 fenders and bedsides to avoid rubbing at full compression. Skip the 4" lifts unless you are strictly building a show truck for street use.

Last edited:

Lpotter13

Reaction score
Has anyone gone with new fenders? Was looking at the fiberworx and thought they looked alright. Have 37s sitting in the garage, just need to get rims and I’m ready to make the change as well. Don’t want to screw anything up though!