Tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grizz23

Reaction score
I apologize in advance for the newbie question. I would like to get a whole new set of tires and rims. Im liking the Nitto Trail Grapplers and Fuel rim combination. I just have no idea what sizes i should get each, i know i want bigger but i dont want to lift. Could adjusting the perch help? Its my DD and i wouldnt mind sway or a rougher ride. thanks for the help.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's all going to depend on the offset of the wheels that you choose. The maximum tire size you'll be able to tuck with stock fenders is a 35" tall tire. As long as you stick with a Fuel wheel with negative offset, you'll be good to go. Your best bet is going to be a wheel that is 9" wide with a maximum of a +1 offset. Don't go below +1 or it will stick out too far and you'll have rubbing issues and issues with your steering/CV components. Also, going to mid perch is good idea for aesthetics, drive feel, and overall tire clearance. Hope this helps and great choice on tires.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's all going to depend on the offset of the wheels that you choose. The maximum tire size you'll be able to tuck with stock fenders is a 35" tall tire. As long as you stick with a Fuel wheel with negative offset, you'll be good to go. Your best bet is going to be a wheel that is 9" wide with a maximum of a +1 offset. Don't go below +1 or it will stick out too far and you'll have rubbing issues and issues with your steering/CV components. Also, going to mid perch is good idea for aesthetics, drive feel, and overall tire clearance. Hope this helps and great choice on tires.

All true except for one. I have stock fenders and am running 37 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers and have never rubbed and don't have an issue tucking. Although my wheel wells are gutted and trimmed

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All true except for one. I have stock fenders and am running 37 inch Nitto Trail Grapplers and have never rubbed and don't have an issue tucking. Although my wheel wells are gutted and trimmed

Ahh...touche, Jack. That is the other way to do it. I'm curious, what offset are you running with your 37s? Unless you trimmed the flare, if it was too far out (like a 0 offset) would it not contact that fender flare on full compression?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh...touche, Jack. That is the other way to do it. I'm curious, what offset are you running with your 37s? Unless you trimmed the flare, if it was too far out (like a 0 offset) would it not contact that fender flare on full compression?

I'm running stock wheels. Nitto trail Grappers come in 37/12.5/17

With the stock wheels, yes we even trimmed the fender flares. I've never rubbed

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running stock wheels. Nitto trail Grappers come in 37/12.5/17

With the stock wheels, yes we even trimmed the fender flares. I've never rubbed

Ahh, there you go. Stock offset will allow you to pull that off. But anything wheel with a more aggressive offset will most likely cause contact issues.