Tire Shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remi

Reaction score
Quick question, any recommendations on a tire shine spray or gel to use on the KO2s?

Thanks in advance.
I could be wrong but I was under the impression that tire shine would dry rot your tires, but if it's worth it, just so you can bling bling on your tires go for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

blackbird18

Reaction score
It gives me the willies just thinking about cleaning all that goop that slings off.

If you must put shine on, use 303 or something that wont spin off. Or make sure you really rub it in good and get all of the extra off of the tires.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 127226 I haven’t used anything on the tires. I just scrub them with a brush and they turn out nice. No shine but nice.

If anyone is wondering about the decals though I use 303 Aerospace Protectant to keep them in check so they won’t dry out, crack or peel.

Never heard of 303,but just checked it out and ordered some for my interior....You said you used on your decals and sounds like a good idea and would like to try,only problem is if you look at my Raptor,the Shelby decals take up half of the sides...would you suggest a small brush to apply...how do you do your decals,which I assume are the smaller RAPTOR ones from factory...
Thanks

SD64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, any recommendations on a tire shine spray or gel to use on the KO2s?

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for a product that will just darken the rubber and leave a matte finish I would recommend Ammo Mud tire gel. It basically makes the tires look brand new again without the gaudy bright shine that doesn't belong on a truck but to each their own! I hand apply it with an applicator to work it into the tire and all the lettering and design on the side walls.

Its a little pricey at $18/bottle but the bottle lasts me all year doing the truck and a car every couple of weeks.
There is absolutely zero sling if you follow the directions and it lasts for a couple of washes or a few weeks.
I have learned to stay away from the aerosol products because it gets everywhere, the rim, the wheel well, body, etc. so you may as well be hand applying with the cleanup!
https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-mud-tire-gel/

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a product that will just darken the rubber and leave a matte finish I would recommend Ammo Mud tire gel. It basically makes the tires look brand new again without the gaudy bright shine that doesn't belong on a truck but to each their own! I hand apply it with an applicator to work it into the tire and all the lettering and design on the side walls.

Its a little pricey at $18/bottle but the bottle lasts me all year doing the truck and a car every couple of weeks.
There is absolutely zero sling if you follow the directions and it lasts for a couple of washes or a few weeks.
I have learned to stay away from the aerosol products because it gets everywhere, the rim, the wheel well, body, etc. so you may as well be hand applying with the cleanup!
https://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-mud-tire-gel/
Checked out the link going to try it out ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Ignore all the negative posts about using Tire Shine on a truck. Yes, it is an off-road truck, but these trucks are also expensive and no one should be criticizing anyone who wants the truck to look good when you spend the time to get it cleaned up. Getting your truck cleaned up only to have the tires stained with mud or brown from blooming looks terrible.

Some tire dressings are also useful since they provide UV protection, and most will actually help with cleaning up after a run in the mud as they tend to seal up the rubber and prevent staining of the rubber.

First step to a nice looking tire is to get it clean. And I mean really clean. Check out this post for tips on using the Tire & Rubber Cleaner:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/posts/1221168/

If you prefer a matte look, use our VRT. If you like a little more shine, use our Tire Shine and knock the gloss down by going back over the tire with the applicator a few times. Both products are best applied with the Hex Grip Applicator.

Here is a pic of the stock Gen1 BFG after using Tire Shine:

20161023_171153.jpg

Last edited: