GEN 1 TIRE SELECTION / EXPERIENCE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, need a little help, looking to purchase tires and I'm torn between 2, MT atz p3 or Nitto Ridge grappler, I can get a good deal on the atz p3 about 50 bucks cheaper a tire , but I'm more interested in a tire that is gonna fair well with rain, snow and mileage , anyone with experience with the 2 please chime in.

Last edited:

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My experience with Nitto is they look good and grab pretty well, but they seem to use a soft compound that doesn't last very long.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it helps I had the Ridge Grapplers on my 4Runner in a 34” for around 30k miles before selling the rig. When I bought my 2013 SVT I went instead with the Toyo OPen Countey RT in 35”. Couldn’t be happier with the change to the Toyo for all-weather and road conditions. The Grapplers are wonderful tire however, wore really well, and worked well in most road conditions (used them for daily driving, Offroad and even on icy roads in Nashville after a few ice storms). I’ve got about 20k on the RTs and can say that they are noticeably quieter initially and after wear, road about the same as the Grapplers, but seem a bit better in wet conditions than the Grapplers (could just be that they were different trucks but I had a TON of weight in my Runner). Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J DAMAGE

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, think I'm gonna give the grapplers a try.

lixalottapus

Reaction score
Pictures? I am also looking at Nitto Ridge Graps or RT's. Prefer the look of the Grapplers and considering a 37" tire on 20" rims. I live in Alaska so winter performance is a must.