Tire Rotation With Spare - Rim Type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Basil S2K

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question and a classic RTFM.

I'm away from my truck and traveling, the wife is dropping it for me to get the tires rotated, something that I usually do myself but am not familiar with jacking points etc. It's been on my mind so figured that I would get it done.

I have a 2019 raptor with 802A and bead lock rims. I'm assuming that the rim that the spare is mounted on IS NOT a match to the 4 on the truck and is something different so including that tire in the 5 tire rotation would include a tire removal and remount. What do you all do when you rotate? It doesn't make sense to keep that tire under the truck, if when I use it it would be new and a different circumference.

thanks All!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it actually does have matching rims. Others on here have done the 5 tire rotation themselves.

While I get the point of the 5 tire rotation strategy, IMO, nothing wrong with a 4 tire rotation either. When it comes time to replace worn tires, get 3 new tires and demote one of your worn tires as the new spare. Your using the life of spare either way.

OP
OP
B

Basil S2K

Reaction score
Thanks "Melv" and good point on the 4 tire rotation.... Can someone confirm the rim type on the spare?

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you have the optioned beadlock capable wheels when the truck was built then the spare wheel is exactly the same but as others stated, no tpms.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question and a classic RTFM.

I'm away from my truck and traveling, the wife is dropping it for me to get the tires rotated, something that I usually do myself but am not familiar with jacking points etc. It's been on my mind so figured that I would get it done.

I have a 2019 raptor with 802A and bead lock rims. I'm assuming that the rim that the spare is mounted on IS NOT a match to the 4 on the truck and is something different so including that tire in the 5 tire rotation would include a tire removal and remount. What do you all do when you rotate? It doesn't make sense to keep that tire under the truck, if when I use it it would be new and a different circumference.

thanks All!
The spare tire is the same as the rest. Only thing is that it doesn't have pressure monitoring sensor.