Tire rotation questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rotate my tires as it is stated in the Raptor Supplement Owners manual on page 45.
On the GEN1 the manual stated to rotate every 5k miles which conflicted with the 7.5k mile oil changes in the normal F-150 manual. Personally I change my oil every 5K miles and did the tire rotation then. I see now that my 2020 supplement manual no longer states at 5k miles but during the schedule oil change, which under normal conditions is between 7.5k-10k miles. I will plan on 5k changes and rotations like I always have on my GEN2.

I would mark the tires to see how it was done. Both dealerships that I have gone to have failed to rotate the tires correctly even though I would have the page open to how to rotate them. After being unable to trust a dealership, I purchased 4 jack stands and jack and just rotate the tires myself anymore.

ecd553435bbbdb74503608af39ebe9f4.jpg

Here is what it showed in the GEN1 supplement manual

e1a96f54a9d7df61b0dc354d5fddbdfb.jpg
I religiously follow this guideline and usually get very even wear on all four, as well as get at or above stated mileage wear for that brand tire. I almost always do it myself with 4 jack stands so I can clean and inspect everything easily. The two times I’ve had the shop rotate the tire they also did it wrong even though I told the what the supplement stated. With it being every 5k plus or minus 500 I can just look at the odometer and see when I need to rotate, example 195k. As far as oil changes, I do it between 0 & 15% oil life. Either way you do it, rotating tires will aid in even tire wear.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rotate my tires as it is stated in the Raptor Supplement Owners manual on page 45.
On the GEN1 the manual stated to rotate every 5k miles which conflicted with the 7.5k mile oil changes in the normal F-150 manual. Personally I change my oil every 5K miles and did the tire rotation then. I see now that my 2020 supplement manual no longer states at 5k miles but during the schedule oil change, which under normal conditions is between 7.5k-10k miles. I will plan on 5k changes and rotations like I always have on my GEN2.

I would mark the tires to see how it was done. Both dealerships that I have gone to have failed to rotate the tires correctly even though I would have the page open to how to rotate them. After being unable to trust a dealership, I purchased 4 jack stands and jack and just rotate the tires myself anymore.

ecd553435bbbdb74503608af39ebe9f4.jpg
I too have had difficulty getting Mavis to rotate my tires per the manual. The manager even told me it was a “old fashioned way to rotate tires on a modern vehicle”. It is a bit of an unorthodox way to rotate so I showed him the manual and they charged $10 extra. Get this, they would have done the job with the “modern” routine if I wasn’t standing outside the bay to remind them. What gives? I say, Ford built the thing and if that’s how they want me to rotate it so why all the resistance to that?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lo
I have 15k on my 2019. Probably should have rotated tires sooner. How does everyone handle tire rotations?

I no longer do oil changes so may have the dealership do the oil and rotations.

15k!?!? Lol- they only last like 20k ahahA

Do it every oil change, and change the oil every 5-6k - seems like this tt motor likes to burn a lil oil, run a lil hot, & I like to drive it hard personally.

I also decided to change spark plugs every 10k- noticeably runs smoother/better & idles much smoother every time I put fresh ones in- on my 3rd set now (including originals) @ 32k miles

RaptorRnr

Reaction score
Similar to previous comments, my local Ford service center didn't follow the manual guidelines. I picked up a wheel dolly to help swap out my bead lock wheels with my road going 20's. It's designed to move vehicle around in a tight space within a garage using 2 or 4 under a vehicle, which is not what I use it for. It allows for easy rotation to line up the lug nuts and raise or lower the wheel to line everything up. $135 on Amazon.

Wheel Dolly.jpg

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar to previous comments, my local Ford service center didn't follow the manual guidelines. I picked up a wheel dolly to help swap out my bead lock wheels with my road going 20's. It's designed to move vehicle around in a tight space within a garage using 2 or 4 under a vehicle, which is not what I use it for. It allows for easy rotation to line up the lug nuts and raise or lower the wheel to line everything up. $135 on Amazon.

View attachment 153221

or you can reach down, grab a hold, and use your man hands to lift the tire.

if you changed tires all day. I think this would be great. If it's once a year, not so much

Having said that I'll rotate myself when I change the oil. Easy

Last edited: