Tire rotation questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram for a 6 wheel rotation? I have been thinking about how one would do it, but have never put pen to paper on it yet

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram for a 6 wheel rotation? I have been thinking about how one would do it, but have never put pen to paper on it yet

If not in jest:

rotation3.jpg

So on the right is the 5 tire I usually do. Being that I will have two spares (6 tires) the solution seems simple to me. Simply two spares in succession waiting their turn to go to passenger rear. Easier still if you have a rack in the bed holding the two spares.

Ted Schroeder

Reaction score
I rotate tires and balance every 5000 miles also check front end alignment. Purchased a plan thru Firestone that is good as long I own the vehicle. Cost was $ 280 bucks I think.

D

Deleted member 12951

I rotate my tires as it is stated in the Raptor Supplement Owners manual on page 45.
On the GEN1 the manual stated to rotate every 5k miles which conflicted with the 7.5k mile oil changes in the normal F-150 manual. Personally I change my oil every 5K miles and did the tire rotation then. I see now that my 2020 supplement manual no longer states at 5k miles but during the schedule oil change, which under normal conditions is between 7.5k-10k miles. I will plan on 5k changes and rotations like I always have on my GEN2.

I would mark the tires to see how it was done. Both dealerships that I have gone to have failed to rotate the tires correctly even though I would have the page open to how to rotate them. After being unable to trust a dealership, I purchased 4 jack stands and jack and just rotate the tires myself anymore.

ecd553435bbbdb74503608af39ebe9f4.jpg

Here is what it showed in the GEN1 supplement manual

e1a96f54a9d7df61b0dc354d5fddbdfb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Maintecheib

Reaction score
Gen 1, 6 tire rotation, have all tires marked. Back cross to front, front left to spare, front right to storage. Previous spare to left rear, previous storage to right rear. Every 7500 @ oil change.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don`t understand why Ford went through the trouble of providing you with a spare wheel that matches whatever set you received with your truck, optional set or standard. But they did not put a TPMS sensor in the spare wheel. It kind of defeats the purpose of it in a tire rotation plan unless you spend the $60.00 for a sensor and have the wheel rebalanced this way you can use it as a functioning spare, this way you would not have to the spare off the truck and just get the damaged tire fixed and use it as the spare instead, it would be less work overall

I`m not even sure what you have to do to get a new TPMS sensor to register with your Raptor ? Can you do it or does it have to be done at a tire installer or a Ford dealer?

The one of the very few good things about my Jeep JL Rubicon was the spare was a matching tire and wheel with a TPMS sensor in it and it was easy to take off the rear mounted rack. You didn't need any special programmer for the TPMS either, if you did buy new wheels and sensors and tires all you had to do is back up about 25 feet and it would automatically register each sensor.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don`t understand why Ford went through the trouble of providing you with a spare wheel that matches whatever set you received with your truck, optional set or standard. But they did not put a TPMS sensor in the spare wheel. It kind of defeats the purpose of it in a tire rotation plan unless you spend the $60.00 for a sensor and have the wheel rebalanced this way you can use it as a functioning spare, this way you would not have to the spare off the truck and just get the damaged tire fixed and use it as the spare instead, it would be less work overall

FYI- Ford didn't even initially balance the spare in my 2018. I had that done, but no TPMS since I don't do the 5 tire rotation and have switched to Cooper tires.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rotate tires and balance every 5000 miles also check front end alignment. Purchased a plan thru Firestone that is good as long I own the vehicle. Cost was $ 280 bucks I think.

My Firestone is $180 for the lifetime alignment. Not sure what the life time balance was. The GM also insists lifetime means LIFETIME. So I even took my "rock crawler" there after every event and they'd still take care of it even knowing what I was doing with it.

...and when I put the TPMS sensor in the spare and put it on the rear passenger, took about 5 miles for the truck to start reading it without any sort of reset/input. Mine is a 2020.