Tire replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPB

Reaction score
Has anyone run Nitto Ridge Grabber tires. If so, pros and cons? Thanks

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried Nitto Recon Grapplers on my '19 and just didn't have a good feeling about them. Had to get "E" Rated and didn't care for the slightly choppier ride than the KO2's. However, after a terrible time keeping the new KO2's balanced correctly, I'm not sure I'll go back with KO2's next time. Neighbor has Ridge Grapplers on his F-250 and loves them.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They made my bone stock 14 feel like a 600hp sports car in the rain.
Would break loose under 40mph at anything near 1/2 throttle and just keep on spinning.

Wasn't a fan of them in wet conditions but dry pavement and sandy areas offroad it was fine. Not a tire I would get again, even for 50% off.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount of people on all the forums I'm a member of who bought Nitto tires and liked them were less than half. Of course theres some bias; A forum user is more likely to post a complaint than they are if they though the product was middle of the road, and I'm more likely to remember the posts about how awful they are than a "its okay" post.

I like General Grabber X3s and just about anything BFG makes.

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the fantastic nitto NT555®G2 on the Mustang,but only dry pavement!

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone run Nitto Ridge Grabber tires. If so, pros and cons? Thanks
I just replaced a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 2018 Gen2. I cannot give higher praise - 58K miles and they still looked like they could go another 10k. I am in rain, snow and ice here in Missouri, never ever had ANY issues with traction. They did get noisy after 40K miles and it got increasingly loud after that (that's why I replaced them). I never babied them.

I was very careful to always keep them around 36 front/34 rear and they wore very evenly. Dealership always set them to 41 after rotation and I had drop them back down.

I just replaced them with a set of Nitto Recon Grapplers and I am very happy with the performance, handling and quiet ride. They seem like a softer ride than the Ridge Grapplers and I think they seem more quiet than the RGs when they were new.

Pic of 58K Ridge Grappler the day I replaced them:
RG58K.jpg