Tire replacement time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to look at whether or not these KO2 bashers know what snow is.
When properly inflated, KO2s are great in snow and rain. Use 4A, that’s what it’s there for.
Go with an E tire and you’re giving up a more plyable tire, which is better for off road.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon Go Ducks, just curious what pressure you've been running in your KO2s? I live in the Florida Panhandle and it rains a lot here and I don't have any issues with wet performance. Am on my forth set of BFGs (1 set KOs and now third set of KO2's) and have had good wet weather performance until they were down to about 1/4 of the tread left (approx 4/32 to 5/32).
I haven't had any problems with wet weather performance either. My KO2s are below half tread and they still are good in rain and snow.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recall but probably whatever was recommended. Swapped to Duratracs after close to 30k
I haven't had any problems with wet weather performance either. My KO2s are below half tread and they still are good in rain and snow.
I run mine at 36 psi front and 32 rear. Have talked to several other locals that run theirs at 38 all around and they are wearing out down the center of the tire. Did the old school chalk line test and these pressures put the pretty much all of the tread on the ground and they wear extremely evenly. 45 K on the original KO2s and still had 8/32 tread. Wet weather performance is still good.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How have these been for you? Really like the look of this tire and great reviews from what ive seen. Mainly curious on the ride since its an E rated. I assume stiffer, but if its gonna be really jittery over the small stuff im hesitant. I guess a better question is, how does it compare to other E tires if you know?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How have these been for you? Really like the look of this tire and great reviews from what ive seen. Mainly curious on the ride since its an E rated. I assume stiffer, but if its gonna be really jittery over the small stuff im hesitant. I guess a better question is, how does it compare to other E tires if you know?
Best tires i’ve experienced. Can’t compare to other E rated tires as these are the only ones i’ve had. They are super smooth. They are night and day better than the KO2s in every way.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buying the BFGs is not fun these days, 1600-1800 for tires is a little steep.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying the BFGs is not fun these days, 1600-1800 for tires is a little steep.
Yeah, generally like the k02s, but their quality control has been ass, so many out of round tires, 30+ on the road force balance. Nope for that cost, may as well get the ST maxxs for that price.

Guess I am going to have to post some pictures first chance I get, no way an E load range will ride as plush as a C.
Generally i agree with this, but i have had two C range tires on the ranger that had two different levels of harshness. I felt more of a difference there than when i swapped from E yokohamas to the C ko2s.
The coopers say they have 2 ply sidewalls vs i guess the standard 3? So that may make them ride better and may be why some people complain about flat spotting.