Tire replacement time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uh yeah, the coops look a little thin. The BFGs are 6 ply tires and could probably run over rail road ties. I did have a bubble on one tire that was OEM. I just replaced mine around 5k miles ago. Seem to be doing well. I generally stick with OEM tires.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
Everything i keep reading points me to either stay stock or go with the Toyo AT3 - its a D range so maybe splits the difference on C versus E? I currently have E KO2s and dont think the ride is uncomfortable, but honestly dont know what the C range feels like in comparison having never ridden on them. i do know that they are loud currently

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everything i keep reading points me to either stay stock or go with the Toyo AT3 - its a D range so maybe splits the difference on C versus E? I currently have E KO2s and dont think the ride is uncomfortable, but honestly dont know what the C range feels like in comparison having never ridden on them. i do know that they are loud currently

With the Es on my Gen 1 I could go 60 plus K miles on them. They were loud and a little rougher. With the Gen 2 C ratings they barely make 40k miles but are very soft in comparison. So I guess there is a trade off

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you (or anyone else) doesn't off road and by that I mean higher speed off road then you might not be able to tell the difference.

I have F350 powerstroke, and if i do a couple quick things to it when I reach the off road trail, it rides all but the same as my Raptor below about 40 mph.

45+mph is where the Raptor really becomes amazing.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Toyo makes an AT3 in load range C now (claimed 59lbs) and will probably be my next tire when these K02s are worn out

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo makes an AT3 in load range C now (claimed 59lbs) and will probably be my next tire when these K02s are worn out
Was lookin at those but the max psi for the tires is 35. Seems too low for safety to me, but im just guessing at that.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
35 seems low for a max. I know most guys around here are running 38/36 36/34 or somewhere in that neighborhood but the max psi on the tires is usually much higher.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The difference between c and E loads are substantial in terms of reflection. The c load at 35-38 psi is essential to controlling wheel hop on the rear imo.

jrgray86

Reaction score
I'm at 28k no the original KO2s and while traction (and tread) are still in pretty good shape, I've been experiencing terrible road noise (probably for the last 5k miles). I remember driving the truck new and bragging to everyone about how quiet the cabin was. Now, I can't even take a Bluetooth call with the tire roar in the background. I've had rotated every 5-8k miles and was hoping the last rotation would fix things but no dice. The tires definitely have life left, but should I just suck it up and replace?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at 28k no the original KO2s and while traction (and tread) are still in pretty good shape, I've been experiencing terrible road noise (probably for the last 5k miles). I remember driving the truck new and bragging to everyone about how quiet the cabin was. Now, I can't even take a Bluetooth call with the tire roar in the background. I've had rotated every 5-8k miles and was hoping the last rotation would fix things but no dice. The tires definitely have life left, but should I just suck it up and replace?
Could be a bad wheel bearing, ask me how I know... if it is a wheel bearing though, the 'tire noise' will be coming from either front driver or passenger. I made cooper replace my tires at 20k miles because I thought my tires were noisy - they did and the noise was still there :snoopfacepalm:
After replacing my driver front wheel bearing, the 'tire noise' was gone :p