Tire replacement time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slingshot60

Reaction score
Update: I took the truck to a BFG/Michelin certified dealer and had the tires inspected to prove no damage and that they had been properly cared for (regularly rotated, inflated to specs, no abnormal wear) and then contacted BFG customer service. They are going warranty them and give me 40% prorated discount on the replacement set. Ordered new KO2's today. Thanks everyone for your recommendations and suggestions. Love this forum!

GoDucks

Reaction score
I've said it many times KO2 are great only if you live in regions where it doesn't rain much. I wished they'd be better on wet pavement

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive hard enough to smoke (glaze) the OE brakes and ordered some Alcons. I also live in rural Texas hill country and don't find the KO2s to be bad in wet weather. Then again, because of the hill country and many intersecting dirt roads I'm almost always in AWD when it's wet. I do find the KO2s wear far to quickly though and am searching for a replacement that doesn't add weight.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've said it many times KO2 are great only if you live in regions where it doesn't rain much. I wished they'd be better on wet pavement
Good afternoon Go Ducks, just curious what pressure you've been running in your KO2s? I live in the Florida Panhandle and it rains a lot here and I don't have any issues with wet performance. Am on my forth set of BFGs (1 set KOs and now third set of KO2's) and have had good wet weather performance until they were down to about 1/4 of the tread left (approx 4/32 to 5/32).

GoDucks

Reaction score
Good afternoon Go Ducks, just curious what pressure you've been running in your KO2s? I live in the Florida Panhandle and it rains a lot here and I don't have any issues with wet performance. Am on my forth set of BFGs (1 set KOs and now third set of KO2's) and have had good wet weather performance until they were down to about 1/4 of the tread left (approx 4/32 to 5/32).
I don't recall but probably whatever was recommended. Swapped to Duratracs after close to 30k miles.