Tire recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was all set to get the Cooper discoverer AT3's and then my tire guy recommended getting Nitto terra grappler g2's instead. He said they balance easier.

Anybody try these 2 in comparison?

I have AT3 XLTs on my raptor and have the G2's on my wife's Range Rover. Both sets of tires balanced well. Went with the AT3s on the Raptor because they were lighter than the G2s. Went with the G2's on the Range Rover due to the size (285/45R22).

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve got 11k on my stock KO2s. Just drove home in a rain storm and the truck stuck to the road just fine. No spinning, sliding etc??

You guys know the accelerator is variable right? It’s not an on/off switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently picked up set of base stock 17”s & Nokian studded snows - I live in MA. Forget about winter conditions, in rain/wet roads I have to consciously remind myself to be restrained on throttle application & progressive/smooth on turns- unless I put it in 4A & then can drive normal.

The KO2s are decent all around on/off road tire but are severely lacking for traction in wet/packed snow conditions.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Badgertits, post: 1400535, member: 31322”]...I live in MA....The KO2s are decent all around on/off road tire but are severely lacking for traction in wet/packed snow conditions.[/QUOTE]

For those of us from southern regions, we’ve found another reason for this.

You’ve got sand and salt on the pavement ALL YEAR ROUND! The year you guys ( it’s pronounced “you’s” up there, right?) got all the snow, I was up there in last week of April, I think it was in the 70’s... There were still snow mountains in parking lots!

That is a climate unfit for human habitation ;-)

If you came further south, say... below Pennsylvania you’d probably observe the KO2’s stick better on pavement. Well... marginally better anyway.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have AT3 XLTs on my raptor and have the G2's on my wife's Range Rover. Both sets of tires balanced well. Went with the AT3s on the Raptor because they were lighter than the G2s. Went with the G2's on the Range Rover due to the size (285/45R22).
And? I’ve decided on the ATXs how are you liking them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And? I’ve decided on the ATXs how are you liking them?

I only have 4,000 miles on them, but I've been impressed with their performance so far. They're just as quiet (if not more so) than the KO2s on the street. The AT3 XLTs perform just as well as the KO2s on ranch roads at speeds of 45-60 mph. They may not be as good in sand or rocks as the KO2s, but they don't eject as many rocks or gravel as the KO2s. Lastly, I can confidently say that they perform better in wet conditions.

I may be biased though.. I have never been a fan of the BFG KO2's.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only have 4,000 miles on them, but I've been impressed with their performance so far. They're just as quiet (if not more so) than the KO2s on the street. The AT3 XLTs perform just as well as the KO2s on ranch roads at speeds of 45-60 mph. They may not be as good in sand or rocks as the KO2s, but they don't eject as many rocks or gravel as the KO2s. Lastly, I can confidently say that they perform better in wet conditions.

I may be biased though.. I have never been a fan of the BFG KO2's.
Good to hear. I am not a fan of the KO2s either. On road traction is terrible and they are getting noisy.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of the KO2’s carrying and throwing so much gravel, so switched to KM3’s today.
I used to run Nitto Trail Grapplers on my last truck, so am looking forward to the open tread design of the KM3’s.
The tire dealer used the road force balancer. Way less weight required than came with factory KO2’s!

View attachment 125701 View attachment 125702

@bailer So now that you've been running them for a bit, what is the verdict? I am about a week away from replacing my KO2's and am leaning towards these KM3's. Are they loud on the road? Thanks

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@bailer So now that you've been running them for a bit, what is the verdict? I am about a week away from replacing my KO2's and am leaning towards these KM3's. Are they loud on the road? Thanks

I love the KM3’s. I have the 315/70/17 load E. They measure identical to my K02’s for height and width.

Right when I got them they felt squirmy and a bit louder than the K02’s but this quickly went away. They are really quiet for such an agressive tread and handle great as well.

They have good forward and lateral traction on ice and snow. The tread stays clean which results in throwing way less rocks. It’s amazing how much it reduced the snow and rocks I drag into the garage.

I only have 8000km on them so far but I can’t see any wear issues. I’m running the unloaded operating psi at 34f/31r, which looks about right on the sidewalls. I had them road force balanced which resulted in less weight than my factory K02’s came with.

In addition to excellent performance, I really like the factory-ish, but more aggressive, look they give the wheels.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the KM3’s. I have the 315/70/17 load E. They measure identical to my K02’s for height and width.

Right when I got them they felt squirmy and a bit louder than the K02’s but this quickly went away. They are really quiet for such an agressive tread and handle great as well.

They have good forward and lateral traction on ice and snow. The tread stays clean which results in throwing way less rocks. It’s amazing how much it reduced the snow and rocks I drag into the garage.

I only have 8000km on them so far but I can’t see any wear issues. I’m running the unloaded operating psi at 34f/31r, which looks about right on the sidewalls. I had them road force balanced which resulted in less weight than my factory K02’s came with.

In addition to excellent performance, I really like the factory-ish, but more aggressive, look they give the wheels.

How about some pictures....