Tire recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had no issues with the stock k02’s until today. Wet roads, cool temp 55 degrees. Can’t keep the tires on the pavement with only 7000 miles on them. They spin starting from start and fishtailing on turns. Very concerned as we are going into our winter of snow and ice for 6 months.
Are Duratracs the choice for snow and ice?
Thanks!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you have to do to fit the x13.5s suspension and trimming wise?

I did Geisers in the front and +2 Deavers in the rear. There was only a slight bit of trimming needed to the inner fender liner, none to the structure of the inner fender at all. That was important to me, because I had a Platinum I put 35s on and had to butcher the inner fender structure and I hated the way it looked. I went with a specific offset Method wheel to make it all work, but for the life of me I can't find the order info or any of the research I did to come up with it.... Sorry! But it I promise it is achievable!

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 11k on my stock KO2s. Just drove home in a rain storm and the truck stuck to the road just fine. No spinning, sliding etc??

You guys know the accelerator is variable right? It’s not an on/off switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Must be an update to the 2019. My 2018 is on/off.

I put the Yoko MT on earlier this summer, not much louder than factory if at all.

Put a set of winter tires on the factory wheels.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was all set to get the Cooper discoverer AT3's and then my tire guy recommended getting Nitto terra grappler g2's instead. He said they balance easier.

Anybody try these 2 in comparison?

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tires that aren't rock throwers? Part of my driveway is gravel and I cringe every time I hear I rock come flying out of the KO2s...

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any tires that aren't rock throwers? Part of my driveway is gravel and I cringe every time I hear I rock come flying out of the KO2s...

You'll hear that more aggressive tires will throw bigger rocks, which I've had happen a couple of times, but in general mine have thrown a lot less rocks into my wells and fenders compared to the stockers. Used to sound like a constant stream of hail going down a gravel road, now you hear one clink every five seconds or so.

Just my 2 cents.

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 11k on my stock KO2s. Just drove home in a rain storm and the truck stuck to the road just fine. No spinning, sliding etc??

I agree with you. My KO2s, with 19k miles, are fine in the rain and did great in the snow last year. 2017 SCREW

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had BFG KO2s on my TRD Pro. Switched them out to the Duratracs. The Duratracs were softer and smoother but definitely louder.