Tire recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kameron J

Reaction score
Just going to say again how bad the BFGs are in the wet after wear gets down to the harder compond. My truck seems like its on ice skates, and I'm not even dogging it. Yesterday I literally fishtailed making a left on a wet road under modest acceleration. It is absurd and dangerous.
Very true. I sprayed my truck down in a car wash the other day and as I was leaving (under fairly mild acceleration) I threw the ass end out. My tires just hit 24k miles.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve honestly never had an issue in the wet (knock on wood) I do switch to 4A and my right foot is aware that it needs to be less aggressive.

The same day/evening I drove my wife's new Expedition to try and see how differently it handled the wet...it was much more planted/did not spin at all like the KO2s did. Yes, I know there is more weight in the back, and her Hankooks are brand new/a different tread, but the KO2s have noticeably changed their wet traction as they have worn to the harder compound. I too have switched to 4A to offset it, so it's not like I'm unaware of how to deal with it. I'm just noting the change for the worse in the KO2s, and it's pushing me to replace them sooner.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top 3 KM3s, KM3s, KM3s. Had most of the other tires discussed. Ridge Grapplers were good in snow, not very good in sand compared to KM3s or even OEM tires.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of the KO2’s carrying and throwing so much gravel, so switched to KM3’s today.
I used to run Nitto Trail Grapplers on my last truck, so am looking forward to the open tread design of the KM3’s.
The tire dealer used the road force balancer. Way less weight required than came with factory KO2’s!

E1C6BE1B-4EE9-49F6-8150-2671284608A1.jpeg 43338761-0FC8-47A1-AD5A-B328F6CAE4CC.jpeg

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tired of the KO2’s carrying and throwing so much gravel, so switched to KM3’s today.
I used to run Nitto Trail Grapplers on my last truck, so am looking forward to the open tread design of the KM3’s.
The tire dealer used the road force balancer. Way less weight required than came with factory KO2’s!

View attachment 125701 View attachment 125702
Looks great - you won't be disappointed, great tires. Let us know how they compare vs the T.G.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite apples to apples for OP, but I went from the factory KO2s to 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros about 4k miles ago. I'm extremely satisfied with the tread wear so far. A slight uptick in road noise, but IMO I think it's to be expected regardless with the larger size I went with. Frankly, I think a 37x13.50 (not that they make that size) KO2 would be even louder. Traction has been great in all weather conditions for me. I get snow in the mountains, sand in the desert, and rain when I go back home to Dallas-Fort Worth and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I can strongly recommend this tire.

What did you have to do to fit the x13.5s suspension and trimming wise?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KO2's def. suck when wet, and lose balance quickly

I'm going to try the Cooper AT3's

Very interested to see how you like them. I have now run my ST Maxxes in all conditions, and can say they are better in every way over the K02s except being a tiny bit louder. I even get better gas mileage aired down to 28 cold then I did with the K02s aired up at 36. Don't ask me how that works.