Tire Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I bought the Superflow MV89G off of Amazon. It’s around $170 and fills the Raptor tires quickly. Comes in a carry bag with the hose and everything. You connect it to battery directly.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Viair 400P and am very happy. I paid extra for the "automatic" on/off so I don't have to go back to the compressor to flip the switch when inflating. Could do without that, but it's convenient. Works great. Doesn't have the 100% duty cycle of the 450P, but I've been able to inflate without trouble. Highly recommend Viair.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can any of these Viair units power air tools?

I'm afraid I don't own any air tools to try it with...but I doubt it. My guess is air tools would require a pricier portable like the ARB-dual--and even that might be stretching it. Sorry I'm not more helpful. I went with Viair due to best value (IMHO) of price/air flow/duty cycle/quality for portable tire inflating only.

Rapteroid

Reaction score
Anyone got a general atx in the spare tire mount deflated or partially to fit without rubbing with a compressor on board here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full disclosure - I have a couple of those slime pumps for my wife’s car and one for the bike. It might air up 1 Raptor tire and it will take a very long time to do it. Think an hour or thereabouts.

The Raptor 35’s are way beyond what normal car compressors are designed for. You don’t have to spend that much for a good compressor that will work. You don’t even need to spend 3 bills. I got the
Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor

for around 75 bucks. It’s rated for 33’s but I’ve aired up from the beach in 5 minutes or so per tire. Even this draws too much current for a cigarette lighter, you need a battery hookup.

good luck
Are you referring to air up a raptor tire from flat or jut bringing it from say22psi off road to 35 for the street ?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Are you referring to air up a raptor tire from flat or jut bringing it from say22psi off road to 35 for the street ?

Apologies, I meant to clarify this. Just below 20 psi to 38 psi.
it’s shorter now because I typically run lower pressure but I wanted to first test it out and get it all the way to 38 in case I had a cr@p ton of stuff to haul around. But, for just airing up after hitting the beach, I think the last time out was around 5 minutes / tire, maybe a little less.

The only real nit I will pick with the pump is it gets HOT AF and takes a while to cool down. So I don’t pack it up right away and try to keep it somewhere that it won’t tip over on to something that will melt.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like it gets the bang for buck award. Power cord I take it is long enough to go from the battery to the rear most tire no problem?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sounds like it gets the bang for buck award. Power cord I take it is long enough to go from the battery to the rear most tire no problem?

Power cord IIRC gets you from battery to about the middle of the front door or so - inflator hose gets you the rest of the way. It would work for a Super duty long bed, and I’m pretty sure it would reach the spare as well but I haven’t verified this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free