Tire Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kieth

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations on a air pump for the tires. One that can connect to the 12v plug or the battery. NOT looking for a tank option, as this is just for driving around and in the woods. I will look into tank and other options later when I do more off road'ing than I do now.

I saw a slime pro heavy duty, but not sure if they are reliable: https://www.slime.com/us/products/auto/pro-series/pro-series-super-duty-inflator.php

any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
K

Kieth

Reaction score
yes I read those. They talk about the ARB and then one maybe two others and jump into tank air/co2 cylinders. Looking for a cheaper than $500+. Thanks though.

gopher870

Reaction score
yes I read those. They talk about the ARB and then one maybe two others and jump into tank air/co2 cylinders. Looking for a cheaper than $500+. Thanks though.

I have the https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/arb-p...12-volt-air-compressor-ckmp12/_/R-BHWQ-CKMP12 but it seems the price has gone up, but less than $500. I couldn't find it on ARB's website however. It fits well under the rear passenger seat and has additional room for a plug kit in the carry case. Everything seems of high quality. Will refill 4 tires after a run on the trail <10 mins. Have no complaints. Good luck.

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 5.00.26 PM.png

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations on a air pump for the tires. One that can connect to the 12v plug or the battery. NOT looking for a tank option, as this is just for driving around and in the woods. I will look into tank and other options later when I do more off road'ing than I do now.

I saw a slime pro heavy duty, but not sure if they are reliable: https://www.slime.com/us/products/auto/pro-series/pro-series-super-duty-inflator.php

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Full disclosure - I have a couple of those slime pumps for my wife’s car and one for the bike. It might air up 1 Raptor tire and it will take a very long time to do it. Think an hour or thereabouts.

The Raptor 35’s are way beyond what normal car compressors are designed for. You don’t have to spend that much for a good compressor that will work. You don’t even need to spend 3 bills. I got the
Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor

for around 75 bucks. It’s rated for 33’s but I’ve aired up from the beach in 5 minutes or so per tire. Even this draws too much current for a cigarette lighter, you need a battery hookup.

good luck

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm knee deep in the Milwaukee cordless platform so I've been using a Milwaukee M12 Cordless Tire Inflator. 4-5 minutes per tire. It uses up the entire battery to do 4 tires. I'm already packing around 3 batteries so its not a big deal. Set the pressure to whatever you want, push the inflate button and go back and sit in your car till it stops, rinse and repeat 3 more times. Batteries can be charged with their m12 USB charger plugged into the outlet in the truck. With that being said, still considering a Vlair of some sort. I've had it overheat once but that was going from 15psi to 38psi.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seconding the Viair 88P which is like $70 on Amazon and airs up all four tires from 28-36 psi no problem for me.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Smittybilt 5.56 CFM - 2781. Look up some videos on it. It can inflate 35's very quickly, quiet and a decent price. I got mine for $137 on sale.