Tire problem after rotation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Secret Squirrel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often are you all rotating your tires? I'm doing mine every 5k, since there seems to be some issues with going too long and getting wear in them from being at one point very long. So far they're doing good, but I'd be curious if the guys with issues are going pretty long between rotations or not??

I had the tires rotated at 5K and then rotated at 10K with alignment, which is what I currently have now on the truck.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the tires rotated at 5K and then rotated at 10K with alignment, which is what I currently have now on the truck.

It'll be intersting to see how many people are having the same problem!

OrangeTiger...How many miles do you have on your tires?? They do look rough.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Tiger, same here... The first time I had this problem, Greg introduced me to 'road force balancing' which solved the problem. Most will say that the result is only as good as the technician.

Doesn't that suck man? Alignment is a major issue around here and knowing that the life of your tires is in a tech's hands and not 100% by a machine? I wish it was bulletproof and 100% accurate every time...

I've had problems getting alignments until I found a true professional. I have had my truck aligned, rotated, and balanced there for a while now. I think that's what it boils down to, find a great technician. (unfortunately)

OP
OP
O

OrangeTiger

Reaction score
It'll be intersting to see how many people are having the same problem!

OrangeTiger...How many miles do you have on your tires?? They do look rough.

There are now 40,500 miles on the tires. I just went ahead and ordered some new tires since these were already getting low and now the wear issue.

I ordered some Toyo Open Country MT's, 35x12.5x17.

From what I have seen on here that size should fit fine on the stock wheels? I have been browsing around for some different wheels. Not sure which brands are decent.

I plan to get all of the alignment and such in check when i swap on the new tires and or wheels. Figured it was too late for these since they were worn already.

Thanks for all of the input guys