Tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Great information! I am running reservoired Kings all around and just installed a set of Deaver +3 and a svc bump stop kit. I’ll make the adjustments you suggested. Are you running a long travel kit? I too would like to raise the truck to fit at least 37s. What headers are you running with? I heard positive things about Kooks and will connect to my magma flow exhaust. Thanks for your input!
mid-travel. I'm in a gen 2. I just ordered cobbs downpipes and I'm going to weld up my own exhaust that routes how I need it to. I have a whole build thread on here that you can check for details.

Pro-tip: have someone who knows their shit tune your shocks for you. It makes a world of difference. Jarrett from SVC tuned mine and it was like a completely different truck once he was done. Dude knows his shit and drives like a pissed off demon.

OP
OP
Tdubbleu

Tdubbleu

Reaction score
Raptor Kong’s,

I have recently installed Kings 3.0 adjustable coil overs in the front, quadruple bypass 3.0’s, Deaver + 3’s and the SVC bump stop kit on the rear of my 2014 Ruby Red, SCREW. I need your advice on establishing optimal levels of compression/rebound for On/Off-road application.

Using 0 turns as all the way compressed, what levels do you find the most comfortable?

Rob O

Reaction score
I've found 40psi when the tires are warm to be a great compromise between ride quality/comfort, wear and efficiency. Lower pressure will certainly ride better, but can accelerate wear and lower fuel economy (nominal, given how low it is to begin with), as well as effect rolling resistance. Over 40 and it rides like a skateboard ... offsetting any benefits.

Note that I'm running 20s -- 35x12.5/20 Ridge Grapplers -- so they have less sidewall than 17s.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mid-travel. I'm in a gen 2. I just ordered cobbs downpipes and I'm going to weld up my own exhaust that routes how I need it to. I have a whole build thread on here that you can check for details.

Pro-tip: have someone who knows their shit tune your shocks for you. It makes a world of difference. Jarrett from SVC tuned mine and it was like a completely different truck once he was done. Dude knows his shit and drives like a pissed off demon.

"Drives like a pissed off demon", you made my whole day!

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pump em up to 40 and enjoy slightly better gas mileage. don't do this if you have a sensitive butt with stock suspension.
Does this require a forscan change?

Any time I go below 40 (granted it’s Gen 1 if that makes a difference) I get low pressure alert.