Tire pressure gauge and inflator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some experience with Viair pumps and this discussion is missing the importance of Duty Cycle.
The Viair 400 is 33% and the smaller pumps may even be less. In my robotics application, we had to add auxiliary fan to extend the Duty Cycle. Larger pump systems will remove duty cycle from the equation.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a basic tire inflator. Doesn't really take that long, but then again, I don't bother airing all the way up to 40PSI. 30 is plenty enough to get me home without excessive wear on the tires and once home I use a real air compressor.

OP
OP
Fury Road

Fury Road

Reaction score
I use the Viair 88p which is 45% duty cycle i.e. more than enough to air up all four 35" tires from 25 to 35 or whatever. Built in gauge. Only $65 and fits in an ammo can.

That dinky one powered off the cigarette lighter isn't going to work. Power tank is obviously great, but $$$.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ASY23I/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

That unit seems to have a lot of good reviews especially for the price. Does the gauge have a bleed button for airing down excess?