GEN 1 Tire pressure for 37 KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Ford suggests that pressure to hit their economy ratings. I run mine around 32.

It's actually the pressure required to operate the truck at max tow/payload ratings. Basically Ford doesn't think people are smart enough to be given a couple sets of pressures for truck + driver and 1-2 passengers only, full truck + full bed, and full truck + full bed + full trailer, etc.. And they'r eprobably right lol. So the placard pressure is meant for a fully loaded truck. Hence for every day driving you can run much lower for comfort and even tire wear.

flynford

Reaction score
One thing to keep in-mind is that the tires that come from Ford have a lower load rating on the Gen-1, thus the high tire pressure of 44psi, and to find them otherwise is not possible with new tires as retail-wise you can't get a Load rating D replacement BFG tire; only E is available. So you'll need to adjust down the pressure to get good ride quality. 44psi on Load rating E tires is notably different, especially after the first few thousand miles of the cushy new rubber wears off.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I run 42 psi in my KM3’s all around and have had no issues with ride comfort. I air them down to 20 psi offroad.