Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome! I drive a lot as well. Hopefully you have some positive feedback on them and that might sway me towards getting a set finally!

Planned to have them installed this Friday :)

The drive back home from the dealer is 120 km.

The pro of having an E load index (versus c on stock) is that there'll be less stress on suspension when I tow my yamaha yxz 1000r. I guess?

Because the tires will now bear more of the weight?

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used the same decibel meter application to measure sound.
Before: 75-76
After: 77-78

The tire is rated to 65 psi.
I have them on 52 psi.

So very negligible.
There's a slight whirring noise but ill fairly certain it'll reduce as the sharp edges taper off.
Similar to off road motorcycle tires.

I noticed that it absorbs smaller bumps more than my ko2 but feels stiffer on larger/deeper road imperfections.

I notice nose dive also slightly reduced. Perhaps from either from the increased tire pressure (52 vs 42), or rigid sidewalls, or the stiffer knobbies.

Mileage has remained the same.

20200307_114409-01.jpeg 20200307_122903-01.jpeg 20200307_174135-01.jpeg

OP
OP
Phil O

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used the same decibel meter application to measure sound.
Before: 75-76
After: 77-78

The tire is rated to 65 psi.
I have them on 52 psi.

So very negligible.
There's a slight whirring noise but ill fairly certain it'll reduce as the sharp edges taper off.
Similar to off road motorcycle tires.

I noticed that it absorbs smaller bumps more than my ko2 but feels stiffer on larger/deeper road imperfections.

I notice nose dive also slightly reduced. Perhaps from either from the increased tire pressure (52 vs 42), or rigid sidewalls, or the stiffer knobbies.

Mileage has remained the same.

View attachment 139081 View attachment 139082 View attachment 139083
Looks good! How much better does it look, to you, in person? You happy with the switch so far?

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! How much better does it look, to you, in person? You happy with the switch so far?

Thank you.

Yes, very happy.

I actually thought they'd be more aggressive-looking in person.

I think because the side wall tread isn't as aggressive as other tires.

I'll have more feedback over the coming days as I use them on my regular drives.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just remembered two things.
It doesn't start to rolls eagerly from a stop. Again, maybe because they're new tires and haven't molded to a street stance.
But I noticed that when they're rolling, without throttle, I don't feel rolling resistance.
Almost as if my ball bearings were just lubed.

But I suppose something like a discoverer 4s will be both smoother and have less rolling resistance.

OP
OP
Phil O

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just remembered two things.
It doesn't start to rolls eagerly from a stop. Again, maybe because they're new tires and haven't molded to a street stance.
But I noticed that when they're rolling, without throttle, I don't feel rolling resistance.
Almost as if my ball bearings were just lubed.

But I suppose something like a discoverer 4s will be both smoother and have less rolling resistance.
That’s a good thing, right?

Fshnrig

Reaction score
Im curious how the STT Pros handle in the rain. I like the aggressive looks but here in WA we get a lot of the liquid sunshine.