Tire change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need advice on my tires on my 2022. I don’t off road and live in the city where streets are crappy full of pot holes. Do you suggest I keep current tires or is it ok to get a bigger rim and different tire size more for appearance. Is there something in the middle that may work? Please help thanks.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I daily drive around in NYC for 11 years, stock tires are just fine.
You may want to research (Forscan) for airing down the tires to absorb the potholes!!!
I run 36 to 38 psi. in the front and 32 to 34 psi, in the rear, for my Gen 1 E class tires.
But I have a Tune and can adjust the Low Tire Warning light down to 30 psi.
You should be able to a least air down to 36 psi. before the warning pops on.

Going to a bigger rim will have a negative effect, you want as much side wall as possible.
You may want to consider going to 37" tires

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may be a typo. Correct air pressure is always located on the driver's side door jamb.
Fixed the 40 psi. I forgot I was in the Gen 3 section.
It's well known fact that that airing down the tires makes any Gen Raptor ride better on the pavement and necessary for off-roading.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may be a typo. Correct air pressure is always located on the driver's side door jamb.
"Correct" in this case assumes that you are loaded at GVWR. When you do that you want 38 all around and that's what I do. It works well. But when I'm empty, there's less load and the tires will wear in the middle, it rides a little rough, and the rear will hop around(gen2) if I run at 38. I've found 36F/34R to work really well when I'm empty. If you want to be really a n a l about it, you can drive over some baby powder and adjust the pressure until the track is even. I'm too lazy for that.