Tire advice- Stock rims/Suspention with 37's Baja TA's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the truck into 4 wheel parts.
Estimate:
$200 for top perch
Alignment (forgot how much, like $200?)
$80 for cams
$20 for lubes/cleaners
$~60 lug nuts
$130 for 2 hours of labor to finish cutting front wheel well seems
Comes out to about $690, but at least it will be done in time for this weekends run.

Raptizzle, should I cut the seams in the rear fenders too?

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't trimmed mine but my rear setup is different so I would hate to advise of that and have you experience the dreaded rear tire gash...

Well Outlaw said these are some of the biggest 37's known to man, so I will have them trim the rear.

Has anyone gotten a rear end tire gash?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Outlaw said these are some of the biggest 37's known to man, so I will have them trim the rear.

Has anyone gotten a rear end tire gash?

Good to know... I've been running my 37" Grabbers in the dirt and that has been my experience. Maybe I'll get mine trimmed now that I'm running the BFG's.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on total costs for this mod (originally started out that I just wanted cool tires that dont chunk)

Fenders (Outlaw) $555.24 includes delivery
Tires (race-dezert) $2,100 includes shipping
Mount Tires (Central Tire) $160 (Balance and tip)
Misc (Four Wheel parts) $690 (Alignment, install, wheel well trimming, lug nuts, alignment cams)
Methods (SDHQ) $766

Total $4271.24

To do:
Paint $500?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Good to know... I've been running my 37" Grabbers in the dirt and that has been my experience. Maybe I'll get mine trimmed now that I'm running the BFG's.

I called 4 wheel parts, they said today once they get the tires on they can tell if it will rub. If it looks like it might, they will call me and I can get the rear trimmed. I'll keep ya posted.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bam baby

DSCF0364.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

4 wheel did not cut the pinch seams. I am taking it to outlaw this week to have the fenders painted and secured better. I noticed the bottom bolt on below the drivers door is still tight, but that part of the fender moved out a bit. Also need to have some bondo work done to that puppy.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Top perch rides HORRIBLE over the whoops when you get air. The shocks slam down when airborn and make a metal to metal sound. Need those g-out straps or whatever they are called.

This also makes my truck about 6'10" for the clearance. It use to be around 6'5 or 6'6". (Parking structure wise at least)

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I really like how the white makes the tires "pop". I do think it looks like an unpainted body panel. Kinda Bro-ish. Anyways, I was thinking of when I paint the fenders black to paint the flares white or something. I just really think the truck needs something. The problem is that the flares match the SVT vent, and all the other gray plastic. Any thoughts on how I can make these tires "pop" without an unpainted body panel?

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like how the white makes the tires "pop". I do think it looks like an unpainted body panel. Kinda Bro-ish. Anyways, I was thinking of when I paint the fenders black to paint the flares white or something. I just really think the truck needs something. The problem is that the flares match the SVT vent, and all the other gray plastic. Any thoughts on how I can make these tires "pop" without an unpainted body panel?

Worst photoshop ever, but something like this:

attachment.php

I also really like the look of the engine showing above the front wheel from the side view. Pretty sweet.

Attachments

• DSCF0347.jpg
    DSCF0347.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 944
OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking it to outlaw Monday to get painted, seems cut, GPS and vhf radio install, new model dever+2 with military wrap style springs, and bump stop kit. Should have it back by the end of next week! Then just got to order the intake.

The dealer is replacing the seat track that was rattling, but they are lagging on the headlights and door rattle.... Its been there over 2 days and they want it for over 3. Wtf south bay Ford, get some work done...