Tire advice- Stock rims/Suspention with 37's Baja TA's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the DOT projects get flat spots after sitting like the race versions do?
I'm wondering why they are not good in snow? The tread looks like it would work better in the snow than the stock AT's do.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, the 37" Projects do not fit. I need to obviously cut the firewall seam, but additonal mods to the actual firewall edge itself are needed.

The Methods do not use the same lug nuts, as the methods are narrow and deep for the lug nut hole. (Also tappered, as are stock lugs)

The Methods also did not come with valve stems or TPMS, so I had to pick up some common valve stems when I got them mounted. The tire guy said it was a pain because normally he does 37" with bead locks.

I am taking it to Outlaw to have top perch done, firewall trimmed, and have the tires aligned. Four Wheel Parts wanted a few hundred more than outlaw for perch and alignment fyi, and they also said if I bought Kings for $3500 front suspention, that my firewall rubbing would not happen (lies). Outlaw is the way to go for this one. Cheapest price and I am expecting great work. No one else was helpful about the 37" projects.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wp_20121205_008.jpg

wp_20121205_006.jpg

wp_20121205_004.jpg

Still need to do top perch. Outlaw said the tires will still rub on the firewall when compressed during a turn (which does not happen often). Least without the seems, it will not damage the tire.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the DOT projects get flat spots after sitting like the race versions do?
I'm wondering why they are not good in snow? The tread looks like it would work better in the snow than the stock AT's do.

I am assuming because they do not have siping (spelling?). Siping are the little groves in the tire tread are are supposed to help traction in wet conditions. Not sure though, just a rookies opinion. This is the only difference I notice between the projects and other tires.

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do flat spot but with no rhime or reason? some times when its cold in the am and then the next day same time same temp they run smooth ?

Got 35,000 miles on my 35x12.50x17s and love them.

Also this set will be for sale as soon as i can find a deal on two new ones to go with the two new i already have.

Attachments

• DSC03757.jpg
    DSC03757.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 90