Tip of the day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a used set of shocks. They had chips dings and light rust.

EXCEPT under the FOX labels. The area between FOX stickers was chipped and dinged. The sticker prevented the damage in that area.

I cleaned the area and put rust preventive paint and bought some paint that fairly closely matches the original finish.

Now the real tip:
I also bought some of the very heavy clear vinyl that is normally used along rocker panels and will put that over the cleaned up area. It will actually over lap the Fox stickers. If the original sticker stopped the chips, this should too.

Now, I would suggest you getting some of that vinyl and cover your shocks BEFORE they get damaged. Or just to prevent more damage.

I'd post a photo but PB puked and I haven't gotten a new photo site yet.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found the vinyl on several sites. It's also used to protect the door sill. I found it on amazon in a 4" width which seems about right. It will be here next week.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yea those shocks get a workout jumping starbuck curbs

If you're in the dirt, they'll definitely heat up. Maybe just put the "Sticker" on the leading edge of the shocks?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any hydraulic gets warm to hot with use. No different than tranny. If you want to protect shock put a mid mount mudflap on running board

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, second the mid flaps. I bought a set from Ryder truck for $25/pair and fabbed a pair of brackets and voila! There's a how-to here and it makes for a fun side project.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Any hydraulic gets warm to hot with use. No different than tranny. If you want to protect shock put a mid mount mudflap on running board

Get yo'self a midflap....******* love midflaps...

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're in the dirt, they'll definitely heat up. Maybe just put the "Sticker" on the leading edge of the shocks?

That's all I plan, leading edge takes the hits. 90% are in the lower half of the front

Don't want a skirt on a man (mid flap)