Tip for salty guys with Pressure Washer powered undercarriage cleaners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know quite a few of you guys have the pressure washer attached undercarriage cleaner, like in the picture below. Today was the first deep spring cleaning I did with mine. With the wand extensions and the swiveling wheels, it's kind of a pain in the ass to guide it very well when you're trying to do a good methodical deep cleaning of the salt residue from the winter. I made a huge improvement, IMO, by stopping the wheels from being able to swivel. It works MUCH better, and much easier, to have the wheels just stay straight. I also found it was a great time to use my wheeled mechanics stool so I didn't have to keep bending over to run it under the truck. Sure did make it more comfortable to take my time and really clean the salt off.

I just used duct tape today to see if I liked it, or not. It's a huge improvement, I'll probably put a few spots of epoxy on the swivel, or run a small screw into it, to lock it up permanently and not look so Mickey Moused.

I forgot how good my truck looks all cleaned up! I hadn't given it a good hand wash since last December.

81RL8h0Q89L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gotta try locking the swivel wheels.

I find using just one extension makes it more controllable - in this case, a smaller size is better.

That's what I found, with 2 extensions the washer wanders all around when on asphalt. Once I locked the wheels, it goes straight across with the 2 extensions. It seemed like I was constantly fighting it before I locked the wheels.

Thanks, that looks nice, I would have bought that instead if I didn't have this one already. It actually works fine now that the wheels are locked.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the attachment similar to the one above with the wheels at the end of the bar. It works pretty well, and as an added bonus, it can be flipped over and used to pressure wash your sidewalk and driveway too.