Tint on pano sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caleb

Reaction score
The darkness of the tint won't matter much. Just get a quality ceramic tint on it, that will help the most. I did clear ceramic on mine and it helped every bit as much as the 20% ceramic I did on the roof of my Panamera. So if you like the factory level of tint, then just get clear ceramic all around (I even do my front windshield). I'm in S. Utah and it makes a massive difference when it's 110+ outside.

n8doggnp

Reaction score
I put on 5% ceramic Llumar and it made a huge difference with heat and overall enjoyment. During the day you can still see through the sunroof without a problem, but now I don't have to close the shade because of the brightness.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
As others have said, DO IT! I’ve had tint applied to my Raptor AND my Explorer ST. It makes a ton of difference!

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting… I wanted to do this on my Gen2 and my window tint man said he wouldn’t guarantee it and did not recommend.
Can’t remember exactly why now.
I would like to cut down on the brightness and heat, sucks keeping the shade closed 90% of the time.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Interesting… I wanted to do this on my Gen2 and my window tint man said he wouldn’t guarantee it and did not recommend.
Can’t remember exactly why now.
I would like to cut down on the brightness and heat, sucks keeping the shade closed 90% of the time.
Sounds like your guy is a novice, or just unaware. I’ve had an un-tinted sunroof explode from the tempered glass stress (not a Ford) and the glass fragments go everywhere. If the shade is open it’s a terrible mess. So, even if a tinted sunroof pops, the tint film will hold it together.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it! I asked about the breakage due to the tint and my guy said he never seen that happen on the pano.

Michael Ford

Reaction score
Has anyone done tint on their pano sunroof? I know it’s tempered privacy glass from factory but curios if anyone has added tint to it. Mainly wondering if the factory tint is enough to keep it cool especially during the brutal Texas summers.
I used limo tint on mine and it works great. Never have to close the shade.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your guy is a novice, or just unaware. I’ve had an un-tinted sunroof explode from the tempered glass stress (not a Ford) and the glass fragments go everywhere. If the shade is open it’s a terrible mess. So, even if a tinted sunroof pops, the tint film will hold it together.
I will inquire about this again.
These guys have always done great work on the windows I’ve had done and I even owned one of the vehicles 8-9 years as a daily driver.