Tint on pano sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh1017

Reaction score
Has anyone done tint on their pano sunroof? I know it’s tempered privacy glass from factory but curios if anyone has added tint to it. Mainly wondering if the factory tint is enough to keep it cool especially during the brutal Texas summers.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done tint on their pano sunroof? I know it’s tempered privacy glass from factory but curios if anyone has added tint to it. Mainly wondering if the factory tint is enough to keep it cool especially during the brutal Texas summers.

You'll fry when it's ultra hot in the front, not so much in the back. If tint is an option for you I'd do it, you may have better luck on the f150 forum as well.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Yes just put xpel XR plus on all my windows including the windshield. It’ll make a huge difference for AZ summer. 98% heat rejection.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Llumar IRX ceramic 30% on mine, no issues, makes a huge difference in heat rejection.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 5% (limo) tint on my pano roof immediately after getting the truck, and I never (and I mean that) even open the shade.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Xpel Prime XR ceramic on all side windows and the moonroof. 88% heat rejection. no chance to test it since spring is just starting and high temps still in 40s with partial sun (on a good day). plan is to always leave the moonroof cover open .. otherwise, why have a moonroof?

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being here in AZ, there was no way I wasn’t tinting the moonroof. It helps a ton

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it done at XPEL Dallas - I think I got 50 on the moonroof - is great with the kids