timing phaser TSB coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My pressure is around 20psi or so at idle and supposedly by design. It’s regulated as RPM’s come up and other events take place. Not sure where I read all about this.

Yes supposedly it was posted that by mid April of this year, redesigned parts were bright to the assembly line and all builds after this time should have been built with the updated parts. Mines a mid August build, so I’m hoping this holds true and the fix holds up. So far it’s whisper quiet, but I have no mileage yet.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what version of sync 3 I have, but I asked them to check for an system updates. The paperwork states that they performed a power reset and retest. Everything appears to be the same to me.

I asked as your paperwork listed V4 Sync 3. So I thought maybe they started rolling out an update. You can check your version under the settings in Sync. But your screens would be different and show icon changes at the very least. But I’m only comparing our 3.3 to 3.4 I have seen in new Lincoln’s recently.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked as your paperwork listed V4 Sync 3. So I thought maybe they started rolling out an update. You can check your version under the settings in Sync. But your screens would be different and show icon changes at the very least. But I’m only comparing our 3.3 to 3.4 I have seen in new Lincoln’s recently.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the info. Everything looks the same, so I believe it's the original version. I had ask the dealership for updates because I was having trouble updating the system on my own and it had not been updated since 10/17. From what you saw, what's your take on the newer version, like/dislike?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The salesman ran updates on mine before I drove it off the lot. I was too green with Sync a few months
Back to know what he was actually doing. I have come a long way since then. But I have not seen any updates available via Wifi through the truck or by looking online at the Ford owner site for my truck. Hoping we get the next version.

What I saw in the Lincoln was most of the same core applets and graphically enhanced. I drove more than I played with the Sync system. It certainly looked a nice refresh however.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sync 3 version 2.3 and last system update 10/23/17

Should be at v3.3 if it won’t pull it down over Wi-Fi as others mentioned, download it to a flash drive from the ford owner site and install it. I’m surprised the dealer did not update it. Doesn’t make sense.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on @FordTechOne said in another thread, it sounds like any truck built after mid-April of 2019 is supposed to have "updated" parts that, in theory, fix this problem.

Correct. They updated the part numbers in production at the beginning of April 2019. As far as the service parts, they may have implemented them in the depots before the production clean date. This is why some have said that they've had the updated service parts installed before the Service Message was released.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting ... I wonder if that means your oil pressure at idle is supposed to be above 30. Mine certainly isn't ... Do you know what yours is now?

These engines use a variable displacement oil pump controlled by the PCM. You cannot compare readings between vehicles unless they are side-by-side under the same exact conditions. The PCM adjusts oil pressure based on parameters such as ambient temperature, engine RPM, engine oil temperature, engine coolant temperature, engine load, etc.