timing phaser TSB coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never claimed to be an expert, all I did was experience what I did and reverberate the information I was told. I’m sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. I hope you have a great day.

No worries, I didn’t mean to come across as dismissing your issue. Glad the dealer is repairing it for you.

Almost ez

Reaction score
No worries, I didn’t mean to come across as dismissing your issue. Glad the dealer is repairing it for you.
I’m experiencing the same rattle, it’s not at initial start up , but after running for a few minutes. I just talked to the dealership and I’m taking it back Monday. I also asked about how they told me that they ordered all 4 of the phasers for my truck and the paperwork said that 2 were replaced and they said they replaced 1 on each side. So here we go again. I’m just wondering what you think?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m experiencing the same rattle, it’s not at initial start up , but after running for a few minutes. I just talked to the dealership and I’m taking it back Monday. I also asked about how they told me that they ordered all 4 of the phasers for my truck and the paperwork said that 2 were replaced and they said they replaced 1 on each side. So here we go again. I’m just wondering what you think?

What year is your truck?

A rattle that occurs after the engine has been running for a few minutes is unrelated to the phaser locking pin issue, which is what the TSB addresses.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

There are only (2) cam Phasers. There are (4) solenoids.

ChrisL

Reaction score
I just had mine done about a month ago and have had a few problems since they reprogrammed the PCM. Now, I get a temperature "flash" above the temp gauge. It will start at 225 and go up from there. Got as high as 249 and then it seems to cool down. Dealership said the new program was not allowing the shutters to open and the correct time. I picked it up on Friday after 10 days and the field service rep doing another reprogram. Its still does it occasionally. The rep said its normal to "flash" 230 and then go away after the shutters open. This new program has provided some new stuff. The nav screen displays a different view when I got into reverse and now there is a "mile to empty" reading above the fuel gauge. Anybody else having this issue????

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had mine done about a month ago and have had a few problems since they reprogrammed the PCM. Now, I get a temperature "flash" above the temp gauge. It will start at 225 and go up from there. Got as high as 249 and then it seems to cool down. Dealership said the new program was not allowing the shutters to open and the correct time. I picked it up on Friday after 10 days and the field service rep doing another reprogram. Its still does it occasionally. The rep said its normal to "flash" 230 and then go away after the shutters open. This new program has provided some new stuff. The nav screen displays a different view when I got into reverse and now there is a "mile to empty" reading above the fuel gauge. Anybody else having this issue????

My 19 Raptor has never displayed the temp guage behavior you describe. However, mine has displayed "miles to empty" above the fuel gauge since day 1.

ChrisL

Reaction score
My 19 Raptor has never displayed the temp guage behavior you describe. However, mine has displayed "miles to empty" above the fuel gauge since day 1.

Mine is an 18 and I always had to go thru the screen to get the miles to empty. The temp flashing, as he called it, is new since the reprogram. Its strange to watch that temp gauge do that. Makes me nervous

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What year is it? Do you have the 802A with Tech package? If so, it should have always displayed the miles-to-empty. If not, then the dealer loaded incorrect firmware for you.

Also, the temp gauge should NOT rise up that high, EVER, unless there is a serious problem. Indeed you have a serious problem. The thermostat is bad, the shutter actuator is bad, or more likely your dealer f*cked it up via their VDS firmware loading. Maybe you bought a used truck where the previous owner ****** it up with FORScan...?