Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

timing phaser TSB coming

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Recalls | TSB's | SSM's' started by nmp1, Sep 5, 2019.

1. 321raptor

321raptor Member

that makes a bit more sense....update vs replace

2. 321raptor

321raptor Member

well last few days have at least been positive..still moving in the right direction but I cannot make up what I was told yesterday evening...

spoke with my dealer service mgr, they reached out to the ford across the road for the quote. ford says we need to see the truck. dealer says ok we'll tow it over real quick. ford says why cant you drive it? dealer says well we did a full tear down to diagnose the issue(s) and chose not to reassemble so that repairs would be more efficient. ford says well we cannot provide a quote without seeing the truck running.....

so my dealer is now reassembling my truck to drive it across the street just to have ford start it and go "oh yeah, cam phasers etc, gonna cost $Xk"....unbelievable...

3. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

didn’t you take a video from before? If you did, that is enough to diagnose the cam phaser park issue, numerous users here have done this to get past the “it’s not throwing a DTC so there’s no problems” BS.

4. 321raptor

321raptor Member

sure did. two of them actually. my dealer has them and said they forwarded it to the Ford service dept so I'm not sure why Ford is so hung up on getting the vehicle in running condition

5. AlexDC

AlexDC Member

Hey guys, just got gen 2 with 70k miles (no warranty) however i am seeing here that TSB is released, so is that mean that FORD will cover the repairs?
    Again i appreciate all help and how to approach service guys so i can get this fixed.
    Noise is not that bad only for a 1-2 at start but i would like to get this fixed.

Thanks !

6. FordTechOne

FordTechOne Full Access Member

Unlike an FSA (recall), TSBs are not covered outside of warranty. However; if you contact Ford Customer Service, they will often consider goodwill, especially if you bought the vehicle brand new.